PDA

View Full Version : narrow booster for carpool

Globetrotter
08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
This should probably be in the bitching post, but I also need some advice so…

First, can I just say I hate carpool sometimes??? ugh

So now one of the moms says she cannot accommodate our graco backless turbobooster in her eight seater suv (for my nine year old). There would only be one booster in the row so it makes no sense to me, but now I am scrambling to figure out how to deal with it.

I had posted something similar a while back (for older dd, who ended up riding without a booster as she passed the five step test) and was directed to the Harmony juvenile, but I looked at the dimensions and it doesn't appear to be narrower than the Graco. Does that sound right? Has anyone seen them side by side? Any other recos?

HannaAddict
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
The Graco is definitely the widest of the
Boosters we have and doesn't fit well with our other seats. The harmony is narrower, we have one too. We also use the Britax Parkway backless in the narrow center spot to get three across in my husband's car. Hope you find a good solution.

Katigre
08-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Harmony is narrower than the graco - it fits 3 across for me while the graco was hanging off the side of the vehicle seat.

Other narrower option is the bubblebum booster.

edurnemk
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Fir carpool I think the Bubblebum is a good choice

Globetrotter
08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
IS the bubblebum easy to inflate? DS has mild asthma, and at this point I don't want to ask this carpool mom to do it. Otherwise, he might have to carry it inflated in his backpack (though I would ask the mom to keep it, she may give me a hard time about that). I will try to avoid having him ride in her car as much as possible, but it cannot always be avoided.

HannaAddict
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I'd keep the bubble bum inflated and small enough she can keep it in the area behind 3rd row. I wouldn't have my kid inflate it, it's easy but takes some skill. Or have it carbinered to
his backpack. It works in a pinch. We also gar one but kids don't like it as
Much. Fine for short trips.

nfowife
08-29-2012, 03:00 PM
The bubblebum would be the best bet. It's small and could probably be kept in the backpack- takes up about as much room as a vinyl lunchbox. My only concern about it is that you have to secure the belt to clips on both sides of the seat- my 7 year old can't do it herslef so you have to trust the mom to do it, since there are no armrests on the seat. Just an FYI.

Globetrotter
08-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback on bubblebum! I want to try it out.. have to look, and will also order the harmony for comparison.

Okay, so here's the weird thing. Today this mom was subbing for another driver, so I offered to drive in her place to avoid the booster issue (until I order one). She said she will take him with the current booster. WTH? So I was right.. these suvs are made for transporting multiple kids and carseats so of course she can easily squeeze one booster into the middle row. By some amazing coincidence, all the carpool kids are stringbeans or on the slim side, but even so this is not a big deals, folks! I am annoyed that I am even spending time on this :6:

I will still order a new booster for her and let her decide which one we keep.