PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Learning Resources Teaching Cash Register?

Jai
08-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Its this one

http://www.learningresources.com/product/teaching+cash+register.do

I have a couple of questions about it.

HonoluluMom
08-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, DD has this one.

Jai
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Does it repeat the numbers that comes up on screen? And if so, does it do/say negative numbers?

I saw the Zillionz Talking Cash Register in TRU and it says that both "3.00" and "-3.00" are "three dollars."

Also, do you/DD like it?

HonoluluMom
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
DD got it as a gift and just recently opened it. She seems to enjoy it, but it could be the newness of it.

There are several different games you can play with the register. I think there are 3 levels of difficulty. Here's what I can recall right now.

1. Coin Quiz - it will say and, I think, show a dollar amount and you need to put the proper coins into the the register.

2. Numbers - I think the machine will say a dollar amount (but not show the figure) and the child needs to punch in the proper numbers.

3. I believe there are addition and subtraction games. Haven't played those yet.

There are also ways to pay for things using a credit card and coupon.

I haven't heard the machine say "negative" (e.g., "negative five dollars").

I'll fool around with the toy and report back.

Jai
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
DD got it as a gift and just recently opened it. She seems to enjoy it, but it could be the newness of it.

There are several different games you can play with the register. I think there are 3 levels of difficulty. Here's what I can recall right now.

1. Coin Quiz - it will say and, I think, show a dollar amount and you need to put the proper coins into the the register.

2. Numbers - I think the machine will say a dollar amount (but not show the figure) and the child needs to punch in the proper numbers.

3. I believe there are addition and subtraction games. Haven't played those yet.

There are also ways to pay for things using a credit card and coupon.

I haven't heard the machine say "negative" (e.g., "negative five dollars").

I'll fool around with the toy and report back.

Thank you! I have bern searching the internet trying to ind out the games. Now, as long as it doesnt say "3" and "-3" are the same, I will definitely get one.

HonoluluMom
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Played around with the toy a bit last night.

There are addition and subtraction games.

You know what, I tried to get a negative number to see what the toy would say, but for the life of me, couldn't do it.

Here's a link to the owners manual:

http://www.learningresources.com/text/pdf/2690INS.pdf

Jai
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Thank you so much!