PDA

View Full Version : Speak up girls - your favorite moisturizer for dry skin (face)

camomma
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm looking for something really hydrating and non-oily ( at least doesn't make skin look sticky) which helps me get rid of dry itchy skin in winter. IF you know of a good place to buy it that would be great.

kaharris83
08-31-2012, 01:34 PM
I love Bubble & Bee face cream. I have super dry, flaky, sensitive skin and it has done wonders to rehydrate it. I'm even finding I don't have to use it everyday, my skin is just that much more hydrated. A little goes a long way too so I'm guessing it will last a while.

hillview
08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
I love Bubble & Bee face cream. I have super dry, flaky, sensitive skin and it has done wonders to rehydrate it. I'm even finding I don't have to use it everyday, my skin is just that much more hydrated. A little goes a long way too so I'm guessing it will last a while.

:yeahthat: especially in the non summer months it is AWESOME. I use it every day except july and august

sewarsh
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm a huge fan of BWC line. It kinda reminds me of Ponds cream (same texture).
This is what I use:
http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Without-Cruelty-All-Moisturizer/dp/B0009ET4NG/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1346443072&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=bwc+face+moisturizer

specialp
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
For daytime in the fall when I get super dry skin:
Estee Lauder hydrationist
http://www.esteelauder.com/product/688/7212/Product-Catalog/Skincare/By-Category/Moisturizers/Hydrationist/Maximum-Moisture-Creme-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-15/index.tmpl

iowavb
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I love Clinique's moisture surge. It makes my skin feel so nice!

infomama
08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Combination, sensitive skin here and argan oil is my favorite.

mikala
08-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Combination, sensitive skin here and argan oil is my favorite.

:yeahthat: Mountain Rose Herbs online has a good one and you can also find the oil on Amazon and at Whole Foods.

novmber
08-31-2012, 06:04 PM
I actually just use the tub of cetaphil cream and have not found it greasy or sticky

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

cono0507
08-31-2012, 06:08 PM
I love Cerave (http://cerave.com/our-products/). We used it for DD as an infant when she had horrendous eczema and now I started seeing a dermatologist this year and she recommended it for me too and I'm really happy with it. I use their hydrating cleanser, moisturizer, AM moisturizer with SPF and also when I'm super dry in places, the cream in the tub.

kboyle
08-31-2012, 08:36 PM
i have super dry skin and i like the clinique daily facial lotion, not gel. i've tried several brands (cheap and pricey) and can't get one to work like this. i'll have to give bumble & bee a shot!

kaharris83
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
i have super dry skin and i like the clinique daily facial lotion, not gel. i've tried several brands (cheap and pricey) and can't get one to work like this. i'll have to give bumble & bee a shot!

I used to use the Clinique and really liked it too. Now that I'm trying to use natural products I switched to the Bubble & Bee. I've been very impresed and don't regret the switch at all.

Deal Queen
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I love Cerave (http://cerave.com/our-products/). We used it for DD as an infant when she had horrendous eczema and now I started seeing a dermatologist this year and she recommended it for me too and I'm really happy with it. I use their hydrating cleanser, moisturizer, AM moisturizer with SPF and also when I'm super dry in places, the cream in the tub.

My favorite is also Cerave...all the products. Plus, Target now carries them. I have tried MANY types of moisturizers.

Pinky
08-31-2012, 09:31 PM

Another vote for Cerave! My dermatologist recommended it and I love it. I bought the AM moisturizer (w sunscreen) and also just the regular moisturizer... I also use the foaming cleanser.

ckso
09-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Is bubble & bee sold in stores?

hillview
09-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Is bubble & bee sold in stores?

I think it is just online

kaharris83
09-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I think it is sold in some stores in Utah(?) and the West Coast maybe. I believe the company is Utah based. Their website lists the stores it is available at.

soon2b4
09-01-2012, 10:03 AM
:yeahthat:

roseyloxs
09-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Coconut oil. Just a tiny little bit feels so good. If you use too much it can feel a little oily so it takes some practice finding the right amount but once you do it really is amazing. Feels so much better then any face lotion I have ever used.

abstonka
09-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Another vote for Cerave! My dermatologist recommended it and I love it. I bought the AM moisturizer (w sunscreen) and also just the regular moisturizer... I also use the foaming cleanser.

Another plug for Cerave. Kids' ped recommended it for them, and I tried it in the winter. Love it. It's not at all greasy or sticky, and it is not very pricey compared to department store brands.

I use Clinique Daily to remove leftover make-up around my eyes. Like it too...just to oily for all over my face.

DrSally
09-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Cerave or vanicream

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Argan oil!

camomma
09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
thanks so much for sharing your recommendations and experience. Here're the things that got a lot of votes:

Cerave
Bubble and Bees
Argan Oil
Clinique

I'll start with Cerave and see how my skin likes that.

eh613c
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
You can also try Kheils.

lizzywednesday
09-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Is that the gel one that comes in a little pot?

I used to love it, but it started burning my skin so I've stopped using it.

georgiegirl
09-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Argan oil here too. I've gone though a lot of moisturizers, and the Argan oil is best for my sensitive, combination skin.

sntm
09-14-2012, 11:51 PM
You'll hate me but crime de la met really is amazing. I splurged last year when I was pregnant and my face went really dry during the winter and it was phenom. I only used it at night and just forthe winter, and still have more than half a jar left. I about died spending that much for moisturizer but it was a preggo treat yo self moment

lovebebes
09-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Hands down Josie Maran Argan Oil is THE BEST. It is my beauty elixir!!! I know "oil" sounds scary but I promise it's not. If you just rub a couple of drops in your hands and gently press onto damp skin it will give you an amazing glow and add elasticity and make your skin look so alive.
You can then use any kind of a moisturizer on top, something easy and natural and not $$. A bottle of the oil lasts forever. It also makes your makeup look dewy and nice (if you wear any).

:)

denise00
09-19-2012, 03:38 AM