PDA

View Full Version : Sigh - Normal or what? PT'ing

marymoo86
09-01-2012, 10:36 AM
First day of 3 day training. Said bye bye to diapers. Used potty and peed a ton! Celebrated and very excite - both me an DD.

Fast forward to an hour later after breakfast, asked DH to watch (my mistake) so I could run upstairs and change. Told him she would probably need to go in a couple of minutes. Sure enough I hear him yelling my name as I am changing. DD pooped and he freaked and was yelling for me and trying to put her on the potty. I think he scared her b/c she was crying although he said it was b/c she pooped. She calmed down but hasn't been eager to sit on the potty and hasn't done anything even accident for over 2 hours. Normal ? Should we stop??

SnuggleBuggles
09-01-2012, 11:41 AM
She just might not have to go. :). I didn't follow a prescribed method but in my limited experience, timers weren't great.

marymoo86
09-01-2012, 11:44 AM
She just might not have to go. :). I didn't follow a prescribed method but in my limited experience, timers weren't great.

She's been drinking a lot and its been 3 hours since last time she went. Just freaking me out b/c it is almost nap time.

urbanmommy
09-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Normal. Kids can hold it for a ridiculous amount of time. Just don't make a big deal about it and move forward.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

SnuggleBuggles
09-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Mine held it more than 12 hours when he wasn't willing to pt! Then he let it all go at dinner time 2 nights in a row!

marymoo86
09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Well - dry through nap and pee pee'd in the potty!

so 1 accident at 830 and pp in the potty after waking up and after nap but nothing else. I was expecting her to go more. Does this mean she's not ready? She was dry after nap.

lizzywednesday
09-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Well - dry through nap and pee pee'd in the potty!

so 1 accident at 830 and pp in the potty after waking up and after nap but nothing else. I was expecting her to go more. Does this mean she's not ready? She was dry after nap.

We had 1 success, 5 accidents (including 1 poop in the undies; I used the old dunk-and-swish and a rubber glove to get the worst of it) and a load of laundry yesterday.

DD was also dry through her nap (I put a wool wrap diaper cover over her underpants JIC) ... but got frustrated and cried most of the day after naptime.

Today has been much better - 2 accidents (early in the day) 4 successes and we're not up to naptime yet.

marymoo86
09-03-2012, 02:10 PM
We had 1 success, 5 accidents (including 1 poop in the undies; I used the old dunk-and-swish and a rubber glove to get the worst of it) and a load of laundry yesterday.

DD was also dry through her nap (I put a wool wrap diaper cover over her underpants JIC) ... but got frustrated and cried most of the day after naptime.

Today has been much better - 2 accidents (early in the day) 4 successes and we're not up to naptime yet.

2nd day was terrible - 2 successes and 20 accidents (no exaggeration). Today has not been much better. She is staying dry longer but now isn't telling me when she needs to go ...sigh.

I don't think 3 days is going to do it no matter how many pee pee dances I do :(

wellyes
09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
We put a timer to ring every 20 minutes, and had her sit on the potty whenever it went off. She's probably just not sure of the signals her body gives her, so, pre-emptive peeing attempts might help.

zukeypur
09-03-2012, 04:20 PM
DD has NEVER gone in the potty, and she's almost 3. I ask her all the time if she's ready to go potty and she is absolutely not interested. I really want her trained before it gets cold.

lizzywednesday
09-05-2012, 08:29 AM
We put a timer to ring every 20 minutes, and had her sit on the potty whenever it went off. She's probably just not sure of the signals her body gives her, so, pre-emptive peeing attempts might help.

I bought my DD a "potty watch" gadget - it has a 30-minute and a 90-minute timer - thinking that would be a great way to actually go to the bathroom myself (so DH could keep track of DD without me telling him to remind her to go) ... she loves it, but wants to play with it as a toy.

Ah well.