PDA

View Full Version : Short cycles?

nfowife
09-01-2012, 07:56 PM
My cycles have been set right at 26 days for a while now. That seems so short to me! Plus I end up having 14 periods a year! Ugh! Anyone else with short cycles? I know going on a pill could help- however DH had the big V so I wouldn't have to deal with that anymore.

jren
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes! My cycles are 21 to 24 days long. And always have been. I went on continuous bcp for a few years and LOVED it. It was LoEstrin. Being over 40, though, I thought I should take a break from BCP with the risks increasing as you age. I'm back to 21/24 days though. I hate it.

trentsmom
09-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Before DS1, my cycle was every 27 days like clockwork. After, it now varies, usually around 24 days. It did go longer (30+ days) one time - right after DH had gotten the all-clear after his vasectomy. I thought for sure I was pregnant. That was a really cruel trick my body played on me! Anyway, as much as I don't want to go through menopause, I'm looking forward to no longer having periods.

Twin Mom
09-03-2012, 10:55 PM
According to my obgyn, shorter cycles are common as you get older. Sorry for the bad news. She says that as long as it doesn't come more frequently than every 21 days, then it's ok.

I got the Mirena about a year ago and now I don't have a period anymore. :yay:

nfowife
09-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Well, that's great news. 21 days? So you've got what, 2 weeks of period freedom each cycle? That sucks big time. So much to look forward to about getting older.....

I had the Mirena for a few years between DS and DD2. No periods were great. The low sex drive, spotting for the first few months, and difficulty losing weight were not so great. I don't want to do any other hormonal BC since we have permanent BC in place. Just wish my cycles were closer to the 28-30 days they were when I was havin' babies, kwim? Oh well.

BabbyO
09-05-2012, 09:02 AM
My cycles used to be 27 days like clockwork. Then after Stachio they shortened to 25 days. They are currently 23-24 days. And AF comes with a vengence, too. Not really crazy about this change, but I won't go back on BC...the last pill made me crazy and depressed. I just don't feel like messing with my body anymore. I bought a cup and decided it was fine since I'm not spending a fortune on supplies, too!

I think it is normal to have shorter cycles as you age...