PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Advice

Frisbeern
09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I have a Cruz and am trying to decide what to do for a travel stroller. I was considering the BJCM instead of the Cruz, but the new BJCM was not available in January when ds was born. Now I am deciding between the G-Luxe and the BJCM. If i get the BJCM I would most likely sell the Cruz.
Dh really wanted a 3 wheel stroller to start with so I think he would like the BJCM. Has anyone traveled with a BJCM or is an umbrella stroller the way to go. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

roseyloxs
09-03-2012, 02:12 AM
I have done a road trip with the BJCM but I have done air travel with strollers bigger then the BJCM so I think it would work out fine as a travel stroller.

Its not a 3 wheeled stroller but I might check out the versa. I wouldn't want to give up the reversible seat of the Cruz. You can compare the specs at baby jogger: BJCM (http://www.babyjogger.com/images/Specs/City-Mini-Spec.jpg) Versa (http://www.babyjogger.com/images/Specs/City-Versa-Spec.jpg)

Philly Mom
09-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I travel all the time with the bjcm. I am in the UK now with it. Personally, I would not sell the reversible feature. I have a bee for anything with a car. I prefer my bee for my everyday stroller. Push is much better. Love seeing DD.

PZMommy
09-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I'd sell the Cruz and get the Baby Jogger Versa. It steers like a dream, and the baby can face you, and the stroller will fold with the seat facing the parent!

Dawn

MamaBear
09-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm curious: why not the Cruz for travel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

poohbear
09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I travel all the time with the bjcm. I am in the UK now with it. Personally, I would not sell the reversible feature. I have a bee for anything with a car. I prefer my bee for my everyday stroller. Push is much better. Love seeing DD.

:yeahthat: Never had a problem traveling with the BJCM. I'm not a huge g-luxe fan only because it feels more flimsy than my macs did. I also like having the rear facing option until they're about 18 months...

You can buy the Uppa travel bag for the cruz and then they extend the warranty to damage on airplanes.

kaharris83
09-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I sold my BJCM for the G-Luxe. We travel with the G-Luxe with the travel bag and have never had a problem. We travelled with our BJCM too with no problem. I love my G-Luxe and haven't once wished for the BJCM back.

Frisbeern
09-03-2012, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=MamaBear;3587543]I'm curious: why not the Cruz for travel?

The Cruz is a little heavier than I want to travel with. I would like to stay 16 lbs or lighter. I know it's only a few lbs different, but with all the gear it will add up. Ds will be 9 months old when we go and he already wants to crawl everywhere so we will have our hands full.

MamaBear
09-04-2012, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=MamaBear;3587543]I'm curious: why not the Cruz for travel?

The Cruz is a little heavier than I want to travel with. I would like to stay 16 lbs or lighter. I know it's only a few lbs different, but with all the gear it will add up. Ds will be 9 months old when we go and he already wants to crawl everywhere so we will have our hands full.

Fair enough. I used my Cam for travel until I got my Bee+. I cannot deal with a less-than-fully-featured stroller while travelling, it makes life easier for me :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

roseyloxs
09-04-2012, 02:20 AM
[QUOTE=Frisbeern;3587641]

Fair enough. I used my Cam for travel until I got my Bee+. I cannot deal with a less-than-fully-featured stroller while travelling, it makes life easier for me :-)

:yeahthat: I still vote for the versa or cruz travel bag.

Frisbeern
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=MamaBear;3587948]

:yeahthat: I still vote for the versa or cruz travel bag.

Thanks. I'll look into the Versa.