PDA

View Full Version : Another Quadrilla question

Jai
09-03-2012, 06:11 PM
For those of you who have a Quadrilla marble set, do you recommend I start with the Basic Set and add more as time goes on OR just bite the bullet and get a larger set like the Twist and Rail set? My son will be almost four when I plan to give it to him.

Jai
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Anyone?

ahisma
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
The basic set is a really good starter set. We had fun with it, but there isn't much to it. It retails for $50, I think. We paid $15 on Hautelook. It's worth more than $15, but $50 is a big jarring.

We upgraded DS to the Twist set when he was 5 yo. He loves it, but it's a bit more than he was ready for then, I think. I don't regret the purchase, but he hasn't finished "growing into it" yet.

Jai
09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Thank you for responding. We went and looked at the large display in the toy store again, and I agree with you. I think we will get the basic set. I cannotmfind it cheaper than about $75 so far. I wish I could find a deal. I would be happy to pay $50!

teresah00
09-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Think we have the starter set. Ds is 4.5 and happy w it. It's fun but w a 2yo it's hard to find time to set it up. I don't think we'll add on and have thought about listing on CL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM
09-09-2012, 07:00 AM
We went with the Twist and Rail, but I got it for $55, so it made sense. Can you add onto the starter set, officially? I know they have expansion sets for the Twist, Twist and Rail, etc, that then come with guides for using those pieces.

I think for that age, the basic would be a good way to start to see if it's something that sticks. It looks like the Twist and Rail is $140 or more now and that's an awful lot to spend on a marble run!

I'd watch ebay for deals, too.

Seitvonzu
09-09-2012, 10:17 AM
would you consider one of the plastic marble runs? i feel like lots of people on here have talked about them (you could ask for recommendations of what people like specifically), and the prices are considerably less. i'm also wondering if they might be more "stable" (perhaps they click in place more solidly?)

we have the starter set, and it's small but looks fun (which reminds me i should get it out). i do think i got it on a deal site, and i want to say it was about $15. i want to say that Toys R Us has the twist and rail (or at least a bigger more deluxe version) that was on clearance for about $70, which sat FOREVER last year after the holidays. so you still might get lucky on a better price.

Jai
09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Thank you all. I did consider the plastic sets, but I like the wooden ones better. The Quadrilla Basic does have an extension set which makes it a few blocks short of a Twist and Rail. However, the company was just purchased by Hape. According to the website: " Hape will begin shipping 4 items by the end of July 2012: the Quadrialla Basic Set, Twist Set, Rail Set, and the Twist & Rail Set.". http://www.hapetoys.com/new//96

I dont know if they plan to continue to make all the extension sets, but there is always Ebay (which I have been watching for the Basic set but it seems to be going or close to the same price used as new in the store).

hellokitty
09-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Basic. I would suggest a plastic one first too. The wooden ones fall apart very easily. It is very frustrating to kids, esp those under 6 who need helping putting it back together.