PDA

View Full Version : what does your 2 yo like?

abh5e8
09-03-2012, 06:56 PM
ds will be 2 next month...and i'm stumped! he likes playing with duplos and little cars and sometimes the wooden trains. loves balls - we have tons. but sometimes i wonder if there would be more "age appropriate" ideas for toys? he pretty much wants to be into whatever his older bro and sis are in, but i would love to find some things he really enjoys on his own, too.

weech
09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
DS's favorite toy is his play kitchen and all the accessories (pots, pans, felt food, etc). He also likes art supplies (painting and markers, mostly), his golf set, tee ball, music and dancing, and playing with any and all cars and trucks.

acmom
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
My DS turned 2 in June. He likes all the things you mentioned.

Other things he plays with a lot...

- any kind of sports toy (mini goal, tball, golf set)
- plasma car
- Little people sets (particularly tractor/farm, pirate ship, fire engine, plane)
- Remo drum
- books (can amuse himself for a long time with books about sports, trucks and animals)
- play grill and play kitchen with food
- playdoh
- aqua doodle mat
- crayola pip squeak markers

Jacksmommy2b
09-03-2012, 08:34 PM
s adores his wood train and track set, his play kitchen and *any* Melissa and Doug food set but especially the pizza and magnatiles.

i could probably chuck everything else and he wouldn't notice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jerigirl
09-03-2012, 10:18 PM
DS2's bday was Saturday. He got the M&D ice cream cone set and birthday cake and Joey drees up. Lauri puzzles, and peg stacker. Battery powered James train for wooden tracks and the Spencer train and the M&D suspension bridge.

He LOVES the ice cream set. He really into the trains and playfood and basketball with our Fisher Price hoop right now.

acmom
09-04-2012, 06:20 AM
We have a bunch of those M & D food sets (ice cream, donuts, cutting food, sandwiches) that PPs mentioned above and DS (2) is really into them as well.

citymama
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Dd2 is 2 y, 3 months.
She loves:
- ride on toys (trike and balance bike)
- Duplos!
- trains
- cars, trucks
- bristle blocks and other stacking toys
- books
- balls!
- puzzles - basic jigsaw, peg puzzles, assorted other puzzles
- wooden dress up bear (puzzle style and lacing, but she can't do the lacing)
- tea set and play food/kitchen
- stamps, markers, art
- shape sorters
- soft toys and hand puppets

What can I say; the kid loves her toys? It all gets a workout!

Giantbear
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
My 2.25 year old loves her play kitchen, her mini stroller which she uses as a shopping cart, her wooden blocks to build, and knock down, towers and paper and a pen.

swissair81
09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
DD3 just turned 2 at the end of August.

Duplos
Magnatiles (Got to love a toy that amuses the 2 year old and the 9 year old and all the kids in between)
Doll/Stroller/Mini baby carrier
Books
Crayons
Play food
She also plays cars & trucks with her brother

Dr C
09-04-2012, 12:44 PM
matchbox cars and a garage toy (or something like it) with a ramp the cars can go down. Has been a huge hit in our house since DS was 1.5 and both kids still love it. But two years was probably it's peak for both of them.

Also a balance bike is a great gift for a 2 y.o.

Playdoh is another big hit

candaceb
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
No one has mentioned anything with batteries :bag:

DS likes many of the things mentioned above, especially Little People, various trucks, and his kitchen. However, he also loves many things with batteries. Here are a few that are popular:
Leap Frog Fridge Phonics
http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Fridge-Phonics-Magnetic-Alphabet/dp/B000096QNK/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1346777957&sr=1-1&keywords=fridge+phonics+magnetic+alphabet+set

Leap Frog My Discovery House
http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-19180-My-Discovery-House/dp/B004MWJLHK

Leap Frog Chat and Count Phone
http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Chat-and-Count-Phone/dp/B002QNM8NQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1346778059&sr=1-1&keywords=leap+frog+phone

his ipod touch (I never would have bought it for him, but I won it and already had an iphone) and various games - but especially looking at photos that are synched from my phone by icloud

fedoragirl
09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
A balance bike.