PDA

View Full Version : Signs of PTing?

KrystalS
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
DS will be 2 on Oct 5th. He stays dry all night and during nap. He pees A LOT when he wakes up, he knows that he needs to go because he will tell me that he's peeing, usually because his diaper leaks due to the amount. Other than first morning diaper and after nap, he could careless about being in a wet or dirty diaper.

I know all kids are different but DD was a nightmare to train. I started trying at 2, no success, tried again at 2.5 after lots of frustration we stopped again. Finally a week before she turned 3 I had enough, stayed home for an entire week, threw out all diapers and it worked. It was a long week, but she trained, and never had accidents after.

I just don't want to start DS too early and go through the same frustration. I have no problems waiting til he is closer to 3, I just don't want to miss an opportunity to possibly train him sooner. He's much more easy going than DD was. Should I be looking for certain signs? I've heard that boys are harder to train, but after my experience with DD I don't think this will be true in my case!