PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare replacing Frontier cover after washing! HELP please!

lisadpa
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I haven't been here in over a year, I am so grateful to Jools and all of you whom have helped me so much since my older daughter was born in 04. I keep returning, you guys have taught me so much!

So...the current issue. I am having a NIGHTMARE of a time getting this thing back up and running. The problem isn't really the cover, it's the yoke! I can't get to it to re-attach the harness straps! At first I simply couldn't find it, and I was searching everywhere for it thinking it was detached. Then I realized it is attached to the seat, I turned the seat upside down and there it was--under the seat, kind of near the metal buckle clip that holds the buckle to the seat. But it's got maybe an inch or so of strap with it. How do I get it out of there and up high along the back? I just know it's somehow stuck there in a wrong way...I cannot for the life of me figure it out and I am so frustrated! At first I couldn't even reach it but I pulled up the big plastic bottom part (forget what that is called) to expose it. But even then, it just seems to be on a short leash... I just watched the video for replacing the cover on the Britax site, and clearly there should be lots of slack to pull the yoke up.

I've been working for hours on getting the cover back on and it's been a pita all the way, but now I am just stumped. I always remember this yoke clip being way up the back of the seat. Now it's stuck short at the bottom. I hope I'm describing this right. HELP!!! Please!!!

This whole thing has been far worse than any install of any seat...ever!!!!!! !:banghead: !:banghead: !:banghead:

I'll be obsessively checking for replies. Thank you so much in advance.

Joolsplus2
09-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Pretend there's a harness there.... Not sure how else to describe it, I guess you'll need to put it on it's side, grab the yoke, and do the usual push or lift thing on the harness release tab, and pull the yoke out.

Did you figure it out before I got back to you, though? At least that's what it *sounds* like the problem is, to me! (It's early, I could be misreading!)

lisadpa
09-05-2012, 08:26 AM
No, I didn't figure it out. I am not even sure if I posted the correct problem description. The harness straps are back in through the cover and coming out the back (properly I think). The yoke is stuck at the bottom of the seat, seemingly with a very short amount of slack...not enough to meet the harness straps. I have tried pushing the harness release and both tightening the harness straps and loosening them, but at this point they aren't connected to the yoke at all. So right now the yoke and it's strap are disconnected from the harness straps, it's just stuck down there.

I'm going to undo the whole cover, again, and try to start over but any suggestions will be appreciated (assuming you know what is going on here).