PDA

View Full Version : what is your ultimate fantasy stroller fleet?

JessK87
09-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I asked this question a While ago but since all the new strollers came out I thought I would ask again. What is your ultimate stroller line up?

What would your ultimate stroller fleet be for the following situations?:

For a Newborn?

Toddler?

Newborn and Toddler?

Twins?

In the City?

In the Suburbs?

swissair81
09-05-2012, 01:52 AM
I have 3 riders (newborn, 2 year old, and 3.5 year old) and I own:
Mountain Buggy +One
Bugaboo Bee
Mountain Buggy Swift with Carrycot
Bugaboo Cam (used- 2 year old sleeps in this)
Mountain Buggy Duo

I honestly don't need anything else. It covers all my needs perfectly. After I'm done with the carrycot. My swift will probably go stay at my parents, unless I'm in desperate need of a single AT.

roseyloxs
09-05-2012, 03:38 AM
For a Newborn?
Easywalker June with the optional bassinet. Haven't had the chance to play with one though.

Toddler?
The bee has been great but the Easywalker June would be nicer on our local cobblestone.

Newborn and Toddler?
For where I live now the P&T vibe/verve. If I was in the US I would get the Valco Spark Duo.

Twins?
Mountain Buggy Duet.

In the City?
Duet.

In the Suburbs?
Bugaboo Donkey

I currently have 2 riders with another on the way...
P&T vibe2
Bugaboo Bee
Cybex Topaz

In my dreams I would have...
Bugaboo Donkey
P&T verve
Easywalker June

mace
09-05-2012, 07:43 AM
For a Newborn?

Bugaboo Cameleon

Toddler?

Baby Jogger Versa

Newborn and Toddler?

Britax B Ready

Twins?

Britax B ready

In the City?

Versa

In the Suburbs?

Bob revolution

Eagletmom
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
For a Newborn? This sorta radical but I would have to say none, none of my 4 babies like a stroller until they were 5-6 mos or able to sit upright. If you had to do a stroller at this point however I would recommend *something with a bassinet, but really only for sleeping*

Toddler? Mountain Buggy or BOB you defiantly need the air tires for an older child

Newborn and Toddler? Mountain Buggy plus one tandem or bugaboo donkey as a side by side

Twins? Bugaboo donkey or Mountain Buggy duet

In the City?Bugaboo Bee

In the Suburbs?Mountain Buggy Swift

JessK87
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Interesting I love researching other people stroller picks. Mine would be

[/SIZE][/B]

For a Newborn?

Uppababy Vista in Cole. I love everything about this stroller for a newborn. The stand alone bassinet, Sunshade, adjustable handles, and reversible seat are all amazing features for a newborn and up to 50lbs! I dont love the footprint but it is doable.

Bugaboo Donkey black I REALLY REALLY want this stroller like yesterday. I know it is heavy. I know the fold is bulky. I know the price. I dont care! Push is amazing. Has all my favorite features and it is the size of a bugaboo cam in mono mode. I think this is the answer to a reversible jogger. I love it <3

Toddler?

City mini GT I love the easy one handed fold, the tires are amazing my friend has one for her toddler and the push was fab on all different terrain (went to the zoo.) I dont love that is does not have a reversible seat but not a deal breaker. Could probably be my one and only past the baby stage.

Newborn and Toddler?

I want something that can face me or out.

Depending on the size of the toddler I would Probably do Bugaboo Donkey.

Britax b ready again for smaller toddlers.

Uppababy Vista with the double seat or piggy back. I know the push is not as nice but im hoping an older toddler would only use the seat when they are too tired to walk. Not a true double. But is does look pretty cool in doubles mode.

Bugaboo Bee with wheel board for a bigger toddler.

Twins?

Inline icandy peach blossom its beautiful and perfect for twins.

Bugaboo Donkey in twin mode. Ultimate twin stroller.

City mini GT double - when i didnt feel like lifting the others into the mini van.

In the City?

Bugaboo bee and bugaboo Cam. Its the city strollers are your main transportation. I would want something big and little one for walks that can handle different terrain and one for quick trips in the cab.

In the Suburbs?[/QUOTE]

This is a little hard because there is a lot a suburban stroller needs to do. If I could get the versa with the GT tires I think it would be the perfect suburban stroller and I think that does exist in the UK.

Multimama
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
For a Newborn?

Maybe the Bloom Zen with bassinet? Love the look. :)

Toddler?

Micralite Fastfold Superlite

Newborn and Toddler?

Baby Jogger City Versa

Twins?

Bugaboo Donkey

In the City?

Maclaren Albert Thurston Ryder

In the Suburbs?

Britax B-Ready

Kaylee31
09-05-2012, 11:36 PM

For a Newborn? Uppababy Vista - best newborn stroller IMO. Love the bassinet, canopies, high seat, huge basket, ease of attachments, great as an occasional snap-n-go. I loathe the outdoor performance on any kind of bumpy terrain though. A Vista w/good suspension & air tires could be my dream stroller. I don't even mind the width or bulkiness.

Toddler? BJCM GT

Newborn and Toddler? Donkey, if the toddler still fits well. If I had twins or 2 under 2 I would get one. Maybe the Spark if it came in better colors. The Vista has worked well for me as a infrequent tandem double when my DS is tired, once he got used to "riding backwards" as he puts it. Love the Indie twin but I prefer to see my DD when strolling.

Twins? Donkey for SBS; P&T Promenade for inline in the baby stage; Plus One for 2 toddlers

In the City? Cameleon & Bee+; Superlite for toddler

In the Suburbs? Vista for a baby; G-luxe or BJCM for the car and either Indie (for walks) or a BOB Rev (for jogs)

That being said, I have been looking for the "perfect" lineup for the past 2 years, lol. My needs change, plus I am picky about strollers & get bored of them after a while. :) Let's just say I've been through a lot.

brgnmom
09-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Still trying to figure this one out, although I do love the Uppa baby vista which we decided on and purchased recently.

fantasy stroller fleet:
For a Newborn? Uppa baby vista - wish my DD were still small enough to fit into the bassinet, but we bought the stroller for my DD who is 1.5+ years old. The bassinet for the uppa baby vista looks super comfy though and I love how it's a separate item (versus the bassinet for the bugaboo cam which I never ended up using for my DS).

Toddler? So far my DD absolutely loves the Uppa baby vista and how she can be parent-facing. She particularly likes the snack tray & the canopy. I like how there's a cool uv sunshade popout. I also like the height-adjustable option for the canopy in the 2012 model - a definite plus for taller toddlers.

Newborn and Toddler? I've always been curious about the Mountain buggy options like the duet or plus one, and they have great reviews. I'd consider one of those if I were to ever have two close in age. (Mine are four years apart though, and they enjoyed the Bugaboo cam/buggy board set-up along with the BJCMD for a short while).

Twins? Bugaboo donkey (w/o looking at the price tag). BJMD GT for a more cost effective option... or the MB duet.

In the City? I've only owned the Maclaren Techno xt and volo, but I'd personally want to try something different. I feel out-of-the-loop w/ the latest lightweight strollers. Maybe I'd consider the Uppa baby cruz or BJ versa, just b/c my DD prefers the reversible feature and didn't like the Mac much. The cruz and versa have a smaller footprint than the vista for city living. I live in the suburbs though, and don't mind the larger footprint of the vista.

In the Suburbs? Vista. I like having the option to collapse the reversible stroller in one-piece, and I like how the tires are low key to maintain.