PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try out the Britax Carrier?

mace
09-05-2012, 08:18 AM
We are registering this month for our baby due in January.

We wanted to take advantage of the britax promotion that gives away a free convertible car seat if you buy an item from each category.

We have already registered, and will receive each of the 4 categories, but the last one is the Britax baby Carrier.

Just wondering if this is worth it - if anyone has used it and how it compares to the more popular brands out there.

thanks for any information! - brian

ABO Mama
09-05-2012, 10:28 AM
No, I would skip it. It does have a waist band, making it more comfortable for the adult than a bjorn (very uncomfortable for me), but the narrow base gives the carrier a short life span. You also can't use it on your back or hip, limiting it further. Beco, ergo, etc are much better choices.

mace
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
No, I would skip it. It does have a waist band, making it more comfortable for the adult than a bjorn (very uncomfortable for me), but the narrow base gives the carrier a short life span. You also can't use it on your back or hip, limiting it further. Beco, ergo, etc are much better choices.

thank you

kaharris83
09-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I got one just because I had all the UPC's otherwise for the free carseat. It was cheaper to buy the carrier than the carseat, but I don't plan to use it. I have an Ergo and a Beco, both of which I highly recommend. But you could register for the carrier just to have the UPC for the carseat.

mace
09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I got one just because I had all the UPC's otherwise for the free carseat. It was cheaper to buy the carrier than the carseat, but I don't plan to use it. I have an Ergo and a Beco, both of which I highly recommend. But you could register for the carrier just to have the UPC for the carseat.

yea - that was kind of my whole point - the car seat is worth around $250 or so....

the carrier can be had for $70 - 70 bucks is an expensive UPC code :) but saves us $250 bucks down the road when we use the car seat -

So I did put it on my registry.

trcy
09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
yea - that was kind of my whole point - the car seat is worth around $250 or so....

the carrier can be had for $70 - 70 bucks is an expensive UPC code :) but saves us $250 bucks down the road when we use the car seat -

So I did put it on my registry. No experience with the carrier, but you could always sell it on Craigslist to recoup some of the cost of the carrier.

MSWR0319
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
We bought one off of No Better Deal for $50 just for the UPC. I had planned on selling the carrier at a garage sale or eBay but DH tried it out and actually likes using it. I have a Beco and I don't like having to readjust it if DH uses it so it actually worked out for us. DH doesn't use it for more than going down to the mailbox or out to the barn and DS doesn't seem to mind it.