PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition quiz

infomama
09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Even more motivation to hit green smoothies hard again....I did bad on this quiz
http://greensmoothiegirl.com/quiz/nutrition-quiz/

rin
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
If it makes ya feel any better, I also did horribly!

Honestly, though, I don't think that quiz is particularly helpful or accurate. Many of their multiple-choice options were bizarre, and I don't really think that drinking one small (4 oz) cup of coffee a day puts me in the same category as someone who drinks 6 Cokes a day, yet both would count as the same. More to the point, though, that quiz seems heavily skewed towards supporting a raw-food vegan diet, a stance which is totally controversial. I personally do not feel that my consuming 2-4 servings of unprocessed seafood, poultry, or beef should mean that I get half the points of a complete vegetarian in terms of "healthiness". I also do not think that having milk in my coffee daily should mean that I get 1 "healthiness" point while being vegan would get you 7 "healthiness" points.

Katigre
09-05-2012, 05:10 PM
That was kind of a weird quiz IMO. I'd like to know how the points were calculated.

AnnieW625
09-17-2012, 11:37 AM
I got 55F-Below 60 F Get your affairs in order. Or, make major changes immediately to begin reducing your enormous disease risk.

Funny thing is that I eat a lot of whole foods, limit processed foods to occaisional white rice, and breakfast cereal. I eat a daily salad with at least 2 cups of veggies or salad greens (if I get it from the cafe next to my work it is probably closer to 4 cups) and I do eat meat so I could see just from getting the minus points from the meat the skew of the website in general, it is either vegan or vegetarians. Vegetarians have an equal risk of having high cholestoral as well because that is something that is often purely hereditary. I have zero interest in eating a completely green diet, but do know that I can always add more fruits, and more veggies to my diet.

pb&j
09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
I got a D. Despite the dire warnings, I am not overweight, I do not have cardiovascular disease or diabetes, nor am I suffering a variety of symptoms or chronic conditions. I could probably eat more vegetables, and skip dessert more frequently, but other than that my diet is pretty stinkin' healthy. I am currently living a "vibrant, energetic life." And I got carded last week. Color me skeptical.

denise00
09-18-2012, 05:15 AM
I love to drink coffee and tea but i try to avoid cold drinks because of my health issues.I don't really think that drinking one small (4 oz) cup of coffee a day puts me in the same category as someone who drinks 6 Cokes a day, yet both would count as the same.