PDA

View Full Version : Differences between BJ Elite and GT?

s2k
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Please help me - what are the differences between the Baby Jogger Elite and GT?

PeppyParents
09-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi there,

The biggest difference overall is the size. Think of the City Mini GT as the "little sister" of the City Elite, but the seat size is actually comparable.

The City Elite is 5 pounds heavier and 2 inches wider. The City Elite's fold is six inches deeper as well. Both have the same easy fold.

The GT has 8.5 inch tires, and the City Elite has 12 inch. So the City Elite will handle uneven surfaces a bit better.

The City Elite has a nicer overall canopy with ventilation flaps and magnetic peek-a-boo flap fasteners, though both have very generous canopies.

The City Elite comes with a nice handlebar console, and that is optional on the GT.

Available accessories are pretty much the same for both.

I hope that helps!

s2k
09-06-2012, 10:44 AM
That does help - thanks so much! I need to take a trip to a town that has a decent stroller selection so I can check them out in person.

twodogs
10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Is one better for taller/ older kids or is the height under the canopy the same? Thanks!

PeppyParents
10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Both the City Elite and City Mini GT have 26" of headroom from seat bottom to canopy.

WatchingThemGrow
10-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Both the City Elite and City Mini GT have 26" of headroom from seat bottom to canopy.
Is the width the same though? DD jumped in a GT walking though BBB today, and I didn't stop to compare it with our Elite. She (at 6) can still fit in the Elite when necessary.