PDA

View Full Version : Jogging Stroller Help

maybeebaby08
09-06-2012, 05:02 PM
I need a jogging stroller, I'm not a hardcore runner but would like to work up to a steady run pace. DD1 is 4, DD2 is 5.5 months (I won't be running before a year, just slow jogging), the stroller is more of a want then a need so I plan on buying used off CL. I'm thinking a BOB Duallie or Mountain Buggy, which is better, what years are good, what should I look for? Space isn't an issue as it will be just for walking, running, and the beach. DD1 still likes to ride so I'd like a double.

AnnieW625
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I:heartbeat:ved my Bob Duallie Revolution. The 2010 model had a slightly higher seat back vs. the pre 2010 models. I think the canopy was different as well. We used ours a lot until DD1 was almost 6 yrs. old and then I sold it earlier this year. DD1 was even mad at me for selling it because she says she still wanted to ride in it.

The only other concern you might have or notice is that the handle bar foam can crack, but that is completely normal.

I never tried a Mountain Buggy because there are no stores in my mecca (well near my part of the mecca of LA; the nearest dealer is an hour+ away in bad traffic) that sell them so I never had a chance to look at them, but I have read here that seats can be narrower than the Bob seats, but other than that I think they are pretty comparable feature wise; although the MB has an adjustable handle, and the basket looks like it might be a little easier to get to. Oh the MB has a metal footwell.

I sold my Duallie for $425 and it was 18 months old. That is pretty standard as to what they are going for here on Craigslist, but I believe new without a discount they are $650 IIRC. We bought ours for 15% off at REI and with tax it was $540.

If you don't mind red, or logos and want a console organizer you can get a Stroller Strides Bob Rev. SE for $467.30 (http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Stroller-Strides-Duallie-Fitness/dp/B004DC9TFS/ref=sr_1_6?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1346967991&sr=1-6&keywords=bob+revolution+duallie), so not that much more than buying used in my area right now.

roseyloxs
09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
For running I would stick with strollers that have at least 16" rear wheels (which the mountain buggy does not have). A fixed front wheel will be better for running and the beach. They are usually significantly less expensive as well. They are not as nice for walking though since you have to pop up the front wheel to turn. So I would think hard about which you will be doing more often before deciding on a swivel or fixed wheel.

Fixed Wheeled strollers:
BOB duallie ironman or Sport Utility (SUS)
Baby Jogger Q series or performance
Chariot with jogger wheel
Burley with jogging wheel

Swivel wheel:
BOB duallie revolution
Baby Jogger ATS or Summit

maybeebaby08
09-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm going to go with a BOB Duallie, that seems like the best fit.

Annie, that a great deal thank you!

strollerqueen
09-08-2012, 02:30 PM
For running I would stick with strollers that have at least 16" rear wheels (which the mountain buggy does not have). A fixed front wheel will be better for running and the beach. They are usually significantly less expensive as well. They are not as nice for walking though since you have to pop up the front wheel to turn. So I would think hard about which you will be doing more often before deciding on a swivel or fixed wheel.

Fixed Wheeled strollers:
BOB duallie ironman or Sport Utility (SUS)
Baby Jogger Q series or performance
Chariot with jogger wheel
Burley with jogging wheel

Swivel wheel:
BOB duallie revolution
Baby Jogger ATS or Summit
:yeahthat: