PDA

View Full Version : ride-on board technical difficulties

sweetsoul99
09-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi,
I'm hoping you can help me with this! I have Lascal buggy board which worked fine a year ago, but now just makes the stroller really hard to turn. Then I bought a Bugaboo board for our new/used Cameleon and at first I could barely tell it was on the stroller, but now have noticed that I have to push it a little harder to steer, but once it does start to turn it overcorrects itself and I'm all over the road like a drunken driver!! Hard to do when you're surrounded by kids and parents on the way to/from school and holding a bike at the same time! Is there something I'm doing wrong that makes these boards give out? I know my rider is 39 lbs, but still. I tried pulling the wheels out on both boards and on the metal part applied 3-in-1 oil on the lascal, and the silicon spray on the bugaboo, and while it helped a little, they're both still not working like I know they can.

Any advice? Am I applying the wrong stuff, or in the wrong spot? I feel like i'm missing something so obvious!

roseyloxs
09-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Might just be the weight? Our valco still works pretty good but the push is definitely a tad more sluggish with 40 lbs on the back then it was even at 35.

hollissmama
09-07-2012, 07:57 AM
I think it may be the weight too, I have yet to find a board/stroller set up that is easy to push. I think it puts some weird weight on the back of the stroller. It makes it crazy to turn. My rider is 45lbs and since 40lbs has been too heavy to want to push on a board. The freerider was one of the worst for us though b/c it was so long and the rider's weight was positioned far back from the center of gravity. I was hoping the bugaboo board would work better....but I don't want to look drunk. :)

strollerqueen
09-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I think it may be the weight too, I have yet to find a board/stroller set up that is easy to push. I think it puts some weird weight on the back of the stroller. It makes it crazy to turn. My rider is 45lbs and since 40lbs has been too heavy to want to push on a board. The freerider was one of the worst for us though b/c it was so long and the rider's weight was positioned far back from the center of gravity. I was hoping the bugaboo board would work better....but I don't want to look drunk. :)
:hysterical:

hollissmama
09-09-2012, 08:32 PM
:hysterical:

It's bad enough I have what looks like a 4yr old in the stroller seat and a giant kid on a board. :) I already get looks without the added losing control issue.

strollerqueen
09-11-2012, 02:41 AM
It's bad enough I have what looks like a 4yr old in the stroller seat and a giant kid on a board. :) I already get looks without the added losing control issue.
But then they might figure, ah, she's drunk, that explains her bad judgement...:ROTFLMAO: