PDA

View Full Version : Do Mountain Buggy strollers hold their value?

athompson
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I have a Mountain Buggy Urban Double on craigslist right now for a very low price and I'm getting no bites:-( I've sold three BOB strollers, a Peg Perego and a Phil & Ted on craigslist in the past. They've all sold VERY fast.
Just wondering how Mountain Buggy strollers do in your area. Thanks!

scriptkitten
09-08-2012, 10:40 PM
i'm in boston and it took me way longer to sell my duet than any other stroller. my P&T, Maclaren and BJCMD all sold within minutes of posting.

crl
09-08-2012, 11:55 PM
In my experience, no, MBs do not resell well. I have sold a bob, two MB swifts and a Bumbleride indie on the San Francisco CL. The indie went almost instantly at full asking price despite my ad having no pictures. The bob was OLD and I disclosed how faded it was and a couple of other minor issues. It was also a fixed wheel. I priced it low and it sold quickly. The MBs I had to post stellar pictures, write great ads, lower my price and wait and wait to sell.

Catherine

kaharris83
09-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Around the DC area when people list MB's they price them much lower than BOBs and they still seem to sit for a quite a while. Like $150 for doubles. The ones priced more expensively end up being relisted over and over again with the prices being lowered over time. I've been tracking BOBs, Bumblerides, and MB's while deciding on doubles. :)

LivsMum
09-09-2012, 11:13 AM
They don't seem to hold their value despite being very good quality. I think they're as good as BOB strollers.

teresah00
09-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I haven't bought one but considering it. I've been watching CL and they are cheaper than bobs are selling for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hapimommy
09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Love my duo. I tried to sell it a few months back to fund another double stroller, but I could not generate much interest. Glad we still have it, and would recommend it, the push is so nice with two big preschoolers (80+ pounds) in the seats and a full gear tray. But sadly it does not resale well.

athompson
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Sounds like consistency across the board....oh well, I'm enjoying it and only paid $30, so I'm sure I'll at least break even. Thanks everyone!

teresah00
09-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Wish I could find One for $30!

roseyloxs
09-11-2012, 05:48 AM
$30! Nice buy. At that price I would probably just pass it down to a friend or family member when I was all done.

swissair81
09-11-2012, 07:19 AM
I think they retain value among fellow MB fanatics. I sold both a MBUS and a MBUD to fellow members of the MB fan club. My current MB lineup will probably not retain value, because I fully intend to wear them into the ground.

queenmama
09-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I think they retain value among fellow MB fanatics. I sold both a MBUS and a MBUD to fellow members of the MB fan club. My current MB lineup will probably not retain value, because I fully intend to wear them into the ground.

Good call.

To the OP, $30?!?! SCORE!!!!! Wow! I would agree with the PP who said to pass it to someone when you're through. You will definitely be able to get your $30 back, though, if you ever decide to sell!

athompson
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Good call.

To the OP, $30?!?! SCORE!!!!! Wow! I would agree with the PP who said to pass it to someone when you're through. You will definitely be able to get your $30 back, though, if you ever decide to sell!

I was pretty excited when I found it:) This is the one brand that I had not owned (but always wanted) during our stroller days. My youngest is three and I don't really need it, but couldn't resist at that price :bag We've had some nice long walks/jogs with my oldest two riding bikes/scooters ahead of us while I pushed the double with my three year old and a friend. I'll definitely get $30 out of it before winter and then I probably will just donate it and someone else will be excited to find an MBUD for $30.

gatorsmom
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
. I'll definitely get $30 out of it before winter and then I probably will just donate it and someone else will be excited to find an MBUD for $30.

If you have the room, why not hold onto it for a few more years? I don't know what weight limits yours is, but my MBUD (2005 model) has a 120lb weight limit. We took it to WDW and ended up pushing our twin 4yo as well as their 6yo brother nearly every day when their feet got tired. The 6yo sat on the foot plate at the bottom. They are REALLY durable.

I'm not sure what year MB started having them manufactured in China, but if you can find one made in New Zealand, they are practically indestructible.

swissair81
09-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure what year MB started having them manufactured in China, but if you can find one made in New Zealand, they are practically indestructible.

I believe they started manufacturing them in China in 2010.

AnnieW625
09-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Just last week after my Bob was stolen I was poking around Craigslist for a replacement stroller and the one Mountain Buggy Swift in my area including bassinet, and cover was only $300. IIRC that whole set up is close to $600. The stroller looked like it was in amazing condition too. It is the perfect brand to look for used IMHO if you need a deal at least in my area, where Bobs are super popular and hold their value quite well.

LivsMum
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
If you have the room, why not hold onto it for a few more years? I don't know what weight limits yours is, but my MBUD (2005 model) has a 120lb weight limit. We took it to WDW and ended up pushing our twin 4yo as well as their 6yo brother nearly every day when their feet got tired. The 6yo sat on the foot plate at the bottom. They are REALLY durable.

I second this. I have a 2006 single and love it.

poohbear
09-14-2012, 09:24 PM
In Chicago, mountain buggies go CHEAP. And they sit for a long time. There is a duet right now for $350. And it's been on there for a while. MBUDs go for $200 tops. If someone lists a BOB duallie for $350 or less, it's gone in a day. Not sure why that is... I'm not an MB fan mainly because I cannot deal with the fold, but other than that, I think they're great strollers.

mackmama
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I can't seem to sell my MB (Terrain or Swift). They are not well-known in my area. :( People want a BOB.

pastrygirl
09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Yup. I couldn't sell my Swift. I finally gave it away to my BIL.

ckelly
09-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Oy, wish I could find a cheap MB double in my area. Being from New Zealand I know how awesome they are. Anyone selling in the East TN area per chance? ;)