PDA

View Full Version : Shoes/boots questions

Twoboos
09-09-2012, 03:31 PM
- If you wear ballet flats, do you wear socks? I don't really like how they look with socks, wondering if it's just me. And that pretty much limits me to wearing them in fall/spring, not when the now flies!

- Do you wear your riding boots with no tights with skirts? If so, do you wear with knee socks?

Thank you from the fashion challenged. ;)

SnuggleBuggles
09-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Ballet flats with socks? No. I admit to going granny on occasion with nude knee highs...but I do know better (I sure appreciate the warmth and comfort so sometimes I just don't care about faux pas :)). I have learned to live with chilly toes and wear plain though.

Whatever is comfy. I have worn them barefoot but there's a risk to making the boots smell like dirty feet.

sntm
09-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Never socks. Much like Rachel from Friends, I'm not sure I still feel my feet anyway.

Tights, knee high socks or nothing with boots

tarnator
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I plan to carry my ballet flats to work, so once I am there I will leave rain boots etc in my locker and can wear them without socks. They look weird with socks....

On the other hand, I can't imagine not having something on my feet when I am wearing my boots! So either tights, or socks for sure.

joonbug
09-09-2012, 08:45 PM
No socks for ballet flats here! But yes socks whenever I wear boots (haven't tried skirts with boots yet without tights). I usually wear them with leggings or skinny jeans.

abh5e8
09-09-2012, 11:36 PM
no socks with flats. sometimes tights with short skirts and flats, though. with boots, its usually tights/skirts. socks if i'm wearing them with skinny jeans.