PDA

View Full Version : OMG where is AF!!!!

soontobe
09-09-2012, 09:56 PM
OMG freaking out doesnt even describe!!!!

I am now about 4 days late and I am NEVER late. Ever!!! I have taken 2 preggo tests and both came back negative, so where the heck is AF!!!!

Please tell me there are other reasons to be late.... I am incredibly regular up until last month even though I nurse once in the morning and once at night.

HELP!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT ready for another baby!!!!

SnuggleBuggles
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
4 days? So, so many reasons possible! Of course, I go through phases where I am like clock work, others when my "norm" is every 6-8 week cycles. But, I have an IUD so I do feel pretty confident with my birth control. What are you using? Anyway, stress, weight loss, weight gain, nursing, hormones...all possible explanations.

123LuckyMom
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Don't freak out yet! The freak out may delay you further. Breathe deep, relax, and wait a week. If you're still a no show, try another test, but I bet it will have come by then. I used to be like clockwork, 28 days, and I'm very irregular now. I can have 28 day cycles up to 40 day cycles. Even if that's never happened to you before, it could be happening now.

mom3boys
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
I am extremely regular and once, when DS2 was about 14 mos. old I was a week late. I was freaked out and took 3 tests-all negative. I was not pg. and eventually chalked it up to recent weight loss (about 13 lbs in a month) and stress. Could either of those be a reason?

soontobe
09-12-2012, 06:58 PM
just wanted to update:
AF appeared Monday morning THANK G-D!:) thanks for the tip about not freaking out, it seemed to work!

mom3boys
09-12-2012, 09:12 PM
just wanted to update:
AF appeared Monday morning THANK G-D!:) thanks for the tip about not freaking out, it seemed to work!

Yay! I was a complete wreck when I was a week late. It would've meant less than 2 years between kids AGAIN! The next time I freaked out because I was late, test came back positive faster than any test I have ever taken :)

soontobe
09-13-2012, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=mom3boys;3596300]Yay! I was a complete wreck when I was a week late. It would've meant less than 2 years between kids AGAIN! The next time I freaked out because I was late, test came back positive faster than any test I have ever taken :)[/QUOTE

LOL:ROTFLMAO:

hellokitty
09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm glad that AF showed up. A few months ago, I had a bit of a panic situation when AF was TWO WEEKS late. Since then AF has also been a week early and is now all over the place. I had my thyroid checked out and I basically think that I'm probably perimenopausal. IDK how old you are (I'm 39), but if you are close to 40 or past it, if your cycles seem to be getting goofy (I've always been very regular, up until several months ago), that may be a reason why.

123LuckyMom
09-14-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm glad it turned out as you hoped!

soontobe
09-14-2012, 09:45 AM
thanks:) you should have seen DHs face-he was SO relieved :ROTFLMAO: he is pretty worried about $ right now....