PDA

View Full Version : keep, sell or donate?

urbanmommy
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I have a Maclaren Volo from 2008 that is in fine condition except we lost the canopy a while ago. I called Maclaren a while ago and it's $40 something for a replacement canopy. I never got around to ordering one because that's half of what I paid for it.

I'm trying to clean out our storage room where its sitting and I need to do something with it.

I bought an Uppababy G-Lite off of Craigslist to replace it but I could see it coming in handy at some point once dd2 is big enough for an umbrella stroller and we're out with both girls.

Should I just bite the bullet and replace the canopy? Or sell or donate as is?

sweetsoul99
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Keep as is?

I have a chicco c6 that we lost the canopy to ages ago. I like to keep it as my I don't want to get my other nice strollers dirty. I used to use it to walk to our community pool (when we had one). HOnestly, we haven't used it in months and DH keeps bugging me to get rid of it so we don't have to admit to people that we have...8 strollers. (I had to think about that one). Although since it doesn't have a canopy I never count it =)

Try selling it on craigslist as is and mention that a new canopy can be bought for $40.

crl
09-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I'd keep it as is. You aren't going to get much money for it and I wouldn't bother replacing the canopy at this point. I'd just keep it as a spare/travel type stroller. I have a similar lightweight umbrella that lives in the trunk of my car for my rare use (dd mostly walks for car errands now). When I am totally done with strollers I will give it away.

Catherine

roseyloxs
09-11-2012, 05:49 AM
I'd keep it as is. You aren't going to get much money for it and I wouldn't bother replacing the canopy at this point. I'd just keep it as a spare/travel type stroller. I have a similar lightweight umbrella that lives in the trunk of my car for my rare use (dd mostly walks for car errands now). When I am totally done with strollers I will give it away.

Catherine

:yeahthat: That's exactly what I would do as well.