PDA

View Full Version : Garnet Hill exchange question

csnoop
09-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I am wondering if folks here know the answer to this question. I couldn't find an exact answer on their website.

I bought the knit dress that was marked down to $29. Unfortunately, it looked kind of frumpy on me. I wanted to return it but felt lame having to pay the $7 shipping charge. I know that you can exchange it for a different color/size. I was wondering if you can exchange it for a different item altogether? If I can, would I get any refund for the price difference. Also, would I be able to exchange it for a girl's clothing item, as opposed to another woman clothing item?

Thanks!

CC

citymama
09-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Give it a try - what's the worst that can happen? You'll get a refund, right? the only retailer I've been able to do that with is Patagonia. Athleta might permit it too. But in general, it's not what they mean by "exchange."

nupe
09-11-2012, 05:34 AM
I am wondering if folks here know the answer to this question. I couldn't find an exact answer on their website.

I bought the knit dress that was marked down to $29. Unfortunately, it looked kind of frumpy on me. I wanted to return it but felt lame having to pay the $7 shipping charge. I know that you can exchange it for a different color/size. I was wondering if you can exchange it for a different item altogether? If I can, would I get any refund for the price difference. Also, would I be able to exchange it for a girl's clothing item, as opposed to another woman clothing item?

Thanks!

CC
You can exchange for any item, any dept. And still qualify for free return shipping. And free outgoing shipping for new item.

azazela
09-11-2012, 05:57 AM
You can exchange for any item, any dept. And still qualify for free return shipping. And free outgoing shipping for new item.

Really? That's awesome! I have something I haven't decided whether it would be worth it to return so this really helps. :love-retry:

csnoop
09-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Cool. Is there a timeframe for the exchange? It doesn't seem like it but there is no explicit info one way or another on the website.

CC

nupe
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't recall a timeframe.

tny915
09-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Last week, I exchanged something I bought a year ago (for the different size). I did online chat with CS to make sure this was all right, and they never commented on the timeframe.