PDA

View Full Version : THIS is why the right stroller is important

strollerqueen
09-11-2012, 02:32 AM
And why small wheels are bad on potholes, and why you should strap your baby in, and why you should put your cell phone down, and maybe not stroll with a car seat, and...poor baby...:nodno:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/09/10/0910-peaches-geldoff-splash-3.jpg

elektra
09-11-2012, 02:55 AM
And why small wheels are bad on potholes, and why you should strap your baby in, and why you should put your cell phone down, and maybe not stroll with a car seat, and...poor baby...:nodno:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/09/10/0910-peaches-geldoff-splash-3.jpg

OMG poor baby! Yes, put your phone down woman! (Who is Peaches Geldof?)

roseyloxs
09-11-2012, 05:53 AM
I can not get over the fact that even after her baby is sprawled upside down in her stroller's canopy she still refuses to put down the phone. Classy!

momm
09-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Lady, put the **** phone down. Sheesh. What could be THAT important???

urbanmommy
09-11-2012, 07:55 AM
That is just bizarre that she's still holding her phone. Poor baby.
She's a 23 year old socialite. Classy

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaches_Geldof

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

hellokitty
09-11-2012, 08:02 AM
I can not get over the fact that even after her baby is sprawled upside down in her stroller's canopy she still refuses to put down the phone. Classy!

:yeahthat: Wow, Peaches is the name her parents gave her, or a nickname?

kristenk
09-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Is that really a baby's bottom and legs in the photos? Why so white? Is it just something the baby is wearing or am I seeing a baby where I'm not supposed to see one? :)

Um, yeah. I think if you have to pick your baby up off the sidewalk, it's time to drop the phone. Ugh.

wellyes
09-11-2012, 08:25 AM
The baby is wearing white tights.

All I can think when I see this is "OOOOOF". Poor baby.
I also feel a little bad for her, she is a doof but, I wouldn't want the photos snapped of my dumbest mom moments.

She put the phone to her ear to get something out of the purse. I'm hoping a binky?

queenmama
09-11-2012, 09:14 AM
My phone would hit the ground in this situation because my priority would be "saving" the baby! I have many parenting "fails" to my name but this girl makes me look like June Cleaver.

edurnemk
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM

:yeahthat: poor kid

MamaBear
09-11-2012, 10:48 AM
How long 'til the stroller is recalled? It clearly needs a label to remind people of proper use.

;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

Beth24
09-11-2012, 11:05 AM
How long 'til the stroller is recalled? It clearly needs a label to remind people of proper use.

;-)

Yes I think a recall is appropriate until the stroller manufacturer adds a warning label on every stroller..."Put cell phones down while pushing strollers you dumb#%^*".

:rotflmao:

Giantbear
09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
this thread needs to be re-titled "why the right brain is important"

put down the %$@!@@#$ cell phone you idiot

NCGrandma
09-11-2012, 04:08 PM
:yeahthat: Wow, Peaches is the name her parents gave her, or a nickname?

If we can believe the always-accurate Wikipedia, she is Peaches Honeyblossom and her siblings include Fifi Trixibelle.

eh613c
09-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Lady, put the **** phone down. Sheesh. What could be THAT important???

:yeahthat:

wellyes
09-11-2012, 04:26 PM
how long 'til the stroller is recalled? It clearly needs a label to remind people of proper use.

;-)

sent from my ipad using tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

LivsMum
09-11-2012, 05:18 PM
She's the daughter of Bob Geldof. And it just proves again that money buys neither class nor brains.

strollerqueen
09-11-2012, 08:54 PM
If accidents like these continue, CA is sure to ban the use of cell phones while strolling, like they did with driving. ;):ROTFLMAO:

DrSally
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Ohh, poor baby! Put down that phone girl!

JessK87
09-11-2012, 10:23 PM
What stroller is that? This whole situation is bad I feel sorry for her. She needs to hire a Nanny!

mare_imbrium
09-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Tonight I was buckling my 10 week old into his stroller and my mom asked why did I bother because he was sleeping and I was disturbing him (I must admit I haven't been 100% with buckling him every time). So I told her about this picture and there was no further protest.

I hope her baby was okay.

strollerqueen
09-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Tonight I was buckling my 10 week old into his stroller and my mom asked why did I bother because he was sleeping and I was disturbing him (I must admit I haven't been 100% with buckling him every time). So I told her about this picture and there was no further protest.

I hope her baby was okay.
Well, at least some good came out of it then.:shrug:

strollerqueen
09-12-2012, 01:02 AM
What stroller is that? This whole situation is bad I feel sorry for her. She needs to hire a Nanny!
Silver Cross Surf. Bet they're lovin' that publicity. :oops:

Kaylee31
09-12-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't blame the stroller. She obviously didn't have the poor baby buckled in (which she later lied about on her twitter apparently). It's possible she didn't even have the carseat snapped in properly, since focusing on her child's well -being doesn't seem to be her top priority. Hopefully the child is ok and this incident will make her more cautious in the future.

hellokitty
09-12-2012, 08:33 AM

Ppl in my area do this ALL of the time. It's not bad enough that they have the carseat propped on the shopping cart, but the baby isn't strapped in either.

teresah00
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Yikes. Hope the baby is ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coastgirl
09-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Which stroller is that?

strollerqueen
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Silver Cross Surf

mare_imbrium
09-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Ppl in my area do this ALL of the time. It's not bad enough that they have the carseat propped on the shopping cart, but the baby isn't strapped in either.

You know what's funny is I don't ever use his infant carrier in our stroller - I don't even have an adapter. But if he ever travels in his infant carrier (like in the BOTTOM of a shopping cart) he's ALWAYS buckled in. I don't do anything crazy or dangerous with his stroller so I guess I just didn't really think about something like potholes. I guess it's good this reminded me before something bad happened.

poohbear
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM

;-)

Yes I think a recall is appropriate until the stroller manufacturer adds a warning label on every stroller..."Put cell phones down while pushing strollers you dumb#%^*".

:rotflmao: If they were in the US that stroller would have been recalled already and that warning label added along with one reminding parents to strap their children in and perhaps sending someone out to teach the basics of strolling safety with a child.. don't even get me started....