PDA

View Full Version : Best time to schedule external version?

Nechums
09-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm 35 weeks and 4 days and I've got a breech baby. My doctor is scheduling me for an ECV at 37w4d. That seems very late in the pregnancy. I questioned her about it and she said because it's my third pregnancy, the timing is just right. Thoughts? Should I push to try and schedule it earlier?

zukeypur
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Mine was scheduled at 36 weeks.

Katigre
09-11-2012, 09:51 PM
My friend had her version at 38 or 39 weeks (can't remember which). It can put you into labor so they don't like to do them too early, and also want to give baby time to turn.

Are you doing all the positioning exercises to encourage turning (inversions especially)?

Canna
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
OP - can I ask how your version went? I found out at 36 weeks that my baby was breech. They said that if he is still breech at 37 weeks they will probably recommend external version. My OB said they like to do it as close to 37 weeks as possible because they want the baby as mature as possible (in case emergency C-section is needed :/) but they don't want the baby to get too big. I'm pretty nervous. This is also my 3rd baby.

Did you end up having the version? Did the baby ever turn? You may have a newborn at home now! :)

mommylamb
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
My OB wanted to schedule me for one at 37 weeks, but I didn't want it. Then DS2 turned when I was 36 weeks, so it was a non-issue.

Nechums
10-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Didn't end up doing the ECV. Baby flipped on her own sometime between 35w4d and 37w4d. I saw a chiropractor a few times. I'd like to think she flipped because of him...it would make me feel better about the $200 I spent. Sorry I can't report back about the ECV!

Canna
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM
That's a great update! I have 3 chiropractor appointments scheduled this week, so maybe it will help me too! Got my fingers crossed! :D

Canna
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM
As of my OB appointment and ultrasound this morning - the baby is head-down! YAAAAY! Maybe the 3 chiropractor appointments really helped? I am so relieved; I am almost in disbelief!

Nechums
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
As of my OB appointment and ultrasound this morning - the baby is head-down! YAAAAY! Maybe the 3 chiropractor appointments really helped? I am so relieved; I am almost in disbelief!

Amazing news! Here's to an easy labor and delivery for both of us!

citymama
10-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Wow, congrats on the flip! Go baby! I think my version was at 37 weeks (first baby) - and it was successful. I hope your baby flips on his/her own! Dd1 did flip on her own at 33 weeks (she had previously been breech; I used the elevated legs against the wall method) but then flipped back at 36. Good luck!