PDA

View Full Version : 2007 MB Elite

npl
09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
There's a MB Elite stroller on Kijiji that the owners bought in 2007.
Before I go look at it, is there anything I should know about this model?
Flaws, recalls, repairs?
It's listed at $275, and most I've seen recently have been around $400.
They are including the rain cover, bumper bar, fleece seat covers and bunting bags, so it is a good deal if it's really in good condition.

Also, I was hoping for a newer model with the separate canopies so I could use a uv cover for the newborn. Is the canopy going to be able to shade my newborn and not block my toddler's view?
And will the bassinet from the duo fit this stroller?

Really hoping this will work, as it is so much cheaper than buying new (around $900 incl tax!)

roseyloxs
09-12-2012, 05:00 AM
Can't comment on the '07s but I do think that the current carrycots will still fit. Found this chart:
http://shop.mountainbuggy.com/index.cfm?id=279502

npl
09-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks, Rosyloxs! It's great to see that I can still get replacement parts and accessories.
Looks like I can also upgrade to the new sun canopies, too, which makes this a much more tempting purchase. Now to see if I can get these parts in Canada, too.

roseyloxs
09-12-2012, 07:05 AM
http://shop.mountainbuggy.com/parts/pre-2010/urban-double/sunhood

Switched the region to Canada (upper right hand corner of the page) and it looks like its 80 CAD per hood. Very cool that you can switch out the hoods. It does warn that the hood colors might not match the seat fabric though, if that matters to you.

npl
09-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks - I found it. And the price is for both L and R hoods! Instructions say that you need to drill out the old connector to replace the hood, so it's not trivial, but I am hoping that a handy neighbour could do it for me, rather than paying a fancy baby store for the job.
Unfortunately, the carry cot is out of stock, but at 2 months old, I think we could manage without just fine.
But, at least I know