PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present Ideas?

anonomom
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
DD's invited to a classmate's 7th birthday party. I haven't met the kid or her family and DD barely knows her. Do y'all have some good suggestions for a present that would likely appeal to a 7yo girl? My own DD's preferences tend to be specific and quirky (she loves My Little Pony; didn't touch most of the frillion craft kits she got for her own birthday, doesn't play with Barbie, etc.), so I don't know if buying something according to her preferences would work.

I'm thinking maybe something like Story Cubes or one of those Think Fun single-player games (Rush Hour, Chocolate Fix, etc.). How does that sound?

Twoboos
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
DDs loved (and so loved giving) "Make Your Own Butterfly Journal" and "Color Your Own Messenger Bag" things. Both from Target - always given with gift receipt. Crafty but yet useful, DD1 has been using her bag for school this week. Plus they love giving Mad Libs too!

KrisM
09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
DD isn't a fan of craft kits, either. She does like the supplie to do her own thing though.She's only 6.5, but likes My Little Pony, Polly Pockets, and American Girl.For a generic gift, she would like the Think Fun games and she enjoys playing the ones we have.

crl
09-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Games sound awesome!

Catherine

Clarity
09-13-2012, 10:57 AM
We bought color-your-own type purse/bags for dd's friends. I bought them at Hobby Lobby last year. They were nice quality and very cute. I ended up buying dd one too because she liked them so much.

My most recent bday party gift was a school/mascot tshirt and winter cap for a 7 year old boy - I went to the local screenprinting shop and picked these out. His mother loved it and he was wearing the t-shirt at the first tailgate that we had for the h.s. football team. I would definitely do the same for the girls, except perhaps I would buy them hair ribbons to match the shirt in lieu of the hat.

elbenn
09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I think the Thinkfun games sound like a great idea!

SnuggleBuggles
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I agree with the game idea. A game + a book are usually my go-to gifts.