PDA

View Full Version : Coccoro RF install

janine
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Hope you all can bear yet another car seat question, we did alot of juggling of seats this weekend! This one is in Grandma's car for my DD2 who is stilll RF'ing and 10mo's old.

DH just installed (it had previously been FF for DD1). Well for some reason it is quite upright and therefore tough for Grandma to get her in and out. DH says it does not recline further or adjust. Is he doing something wrong?

Snow mom
09-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I'd say yes, he is doing something wrong. The cocorro doesn't have a base so you have to place it on the seat at the angle you'd like it and then keep it there while installing. I personally don't like its latch strap (hard to tighten) but the only other difficulty I had was in cars with leather it was hard to get the seat tight enough that it didn't slip. The deep (and fragile!) sides can also make it seem more upright than it actually is.

Joolsplus2
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Getting the proper recline while installing is important, then probably top tethering it down would help keep it there.

janine
09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks - going to send this to him. The seat is a few years old so wasn't sure if something had changed.

Joolsplus2
09-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Searched the combi page to make sure I remembered right, and yup.... Q: Can I use the rear-facing tether option for my Coccoro manufactured prior to August 2011?
A: YES! The use of the top tether in a rear facing direction is approved for all Coccoro models that have not reached their expiration date.

Q: Where can I use purchase the tether connector strap so I can use the top tether for my rear-facing Coccoro?
A: The Tether Connector strap can be purchased from Combi by contacting Customer Service. Instructions for correct use are included with the connector strap. Coccoro models that have a Date if Manufacture 08/2011 and newer have the Tether Connector Strap included with the seat. Additional straps may be purchased from CombiUSA directly.

Q: Can I use a tether connector strap that I received from a manufacturer other than Combi?
A: At this time we cannot recommend that Tether Connector Straps obtained from manufacturers other than CombiUSA be used with the Coccoro.

Q: Can I purchase a rear-facing tether kit for my 2010 Coccoro model?
A: YES! Rear-Facing Tether Kits are NOW available for purchase separately. This will be one of the many new features that will be included on the 2011 model Coccoro.

janine
09-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Searched the combi page to make sure I remembered right, and yup.... Q: Can I use the rear-facing tether option for my Coccoro manufactured prior to August 2011?
A: YES! The use of the top tether in a rear facing direction is approved for all Coccoro models that have not reached their expiration date.

Q: Where can I use purchase the tether connector strap so I can use the top tether for my rear-facing Coccoro?
A: The Tether Connector strap can be purchased from Combi by contacting Customer Service. Instructions for correct use are included with the connector strap. Coccoro models that have a Date if Manufacture 08/2011 and newer have the Tether Connector Strap included with the seat. Additional straps may be purchased from CombiUSA directly.

Q: Can I use a tether connector strap that I received from a manufacturer other than Combi?
A: At this time we cannot recommend that Tether Connector Straps obtained from manufacturers other than CombiUSA be used with the Coccoro.

Q: Can I purchase a rear-facing tether kit for my 2010 Coccoro model?
A: YES! Rear-Facing Tether Kits are NOW available for purchase separately. This will be one of the many new features that will be included on the 2011 model Coccoro.

Thanks - turns out our model is new enough to have come with the tether. Problem seems to be the car - a BMW - which do not have tether points RF'ing or ones we can find......

Joolsplus2
09-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks - turns out our model is new enough to have come with the tether. Problem seems to be the car - a BMW - which do not have tether points RF'ing or ones we can find......

Well, what you need is the tether connector strap, to tie around the back seat leg of the front seat to create a tether point. However.... BMW's don't really have anything like that, they are another memory I have of nice cars that are a pain to install in :tongue5: So you might be out of luck, just try the other tricks to get it more reclined.