PDA

View Full Version : Keep the old high chair or get a new one?

s2k
09-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a Fisher Price Deluxe Plus Healthy Care high chair (2 trays and 3 tray inserts) that we used for our 2 sons (now 8.5yo and almost 6 yo). Except for old looking straps, it's in fine shape. Should we use the same one for #3 EDD 12/7/2012 or swap it in for a newer model? We've used the high chair for the first year or so and then swapped it out for a strap on booster/high chair.

SnuggleBuggles
09-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Keep. What you have works and you don't use it for all that long.

Canna
09-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I'd definitely keep. I love my FP Healthy Care high chair, which has also been through 2 kids. So easy to use, easy to clean, and I think it still looks great. When I look at high chairs in the stores I smugly think that mine is better than the ones currently on the market! You know you can detach the straps and soak them/wash them if you are looking dirty, right?

s2k
09-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I'd definitely keep. I love my FP Healthy Care high chair, which has also been through 2 kids. So easy to use, easy to clean, and I think it still looks great. When I look at high chairs in the stores I smugly think that mine is better than the ones currently on the market! You know you can detach the straps and soak them/wash them if you are looking dirty, right?
I know you can detach them, I wasn't sure how to go about washing them. They are nice and white in the back and dirty/old looking in the front!

hellokitty
09-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Just keep it. Is #3 your last kid? I was still able to sell my 9 yr old FP HC for almost $18 at my garage sale. The young mom who bought it from me said that it looked so much more practical compared to some of the newer HC out there and she loved all the extra inserts that came with it. If this is your last child, I would just use what you have for now, instead of investing in something new, unless you find a booster style for cheap used or something.

MommyAllison
09-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Another vote to keep it. Dd2 is currently using our seven year old FP high chair...we washed the straps in the washing machine and they came out great (they are blue). I've also had really good luck cleaning white straps with hydrogen peroxide - and it's cheap and easy! Congrats on #3 :)

s2k
09-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Another vote to keep it. Dd2 is currently using our seven year old FP high chair...we washed the straps in the washing machine and they came out great (they are blue). I've also had really good luck cleaning white straps with hydrogen peroxide - and it's cheap and easy! Congrats on #3 :)tell me more about cleaning white straps with peroxide - sounds like what I need to do. #3 is it - so I'll keep it. I haven't looked at all at what's out there so I wasn't sure if there was some "how can I live without it" high chair. Sounds like there isn't so I'll stick with what I've got!

MommyAllison
09-15-2012, 11:27 PM
tell me more about cleaning white straps with peroxide - sounds like what I need to do. #3 is it - so I'll keep it. I haven't looked at all at what's out there so I wasn't sure if there was some "how can I live without it" high chair. Sounds like there isn't so I'll stick with what I've got!

It's been awhile, but I think I poured hydrogen peroxide directly on the straps, and then rubbed a bit with a cloth. The effect was pretty immediate - maybe 1 minute? You could put the straps in a bowl and pour the hydrogen peroxide over them too. Good luck!

123LuckyMom
09-16-2012, 01:01 AM
The hydrogen peroxide should work well and pretty instantly. Make sure you wash the straps afterwards, though. I've stupidly left it on garments for too long and had it eat holes in them. Don't let that scare you, though. It'll work just fine if you rinse the peroxide out.