PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale SCORE!!!

OKKiddo
09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
We just moved to this little community in Virginia after a really bad (thankfully brief) housing situation. I noticed in the flyer for this neighborhood last week that there would be a community wide yard sale for today. I nearly forgot about it until we saw all of the cars/trucks driving by and my neighbor sitting outside with all of her stuff on the lawn. So, I put my shoes on, grabbed my walled (left my cell) and decided to drive around and have a look. I didn't see anything in my little section so I drove to the next one over and made a detour as I saw a man just taping up his sign pointing the way to his yard sale.

I got there and I made a bee line to a Baby Jogger City Series Double in black that looked perfectly brand new--even still had the little bumpies on the tires, no marks or wear on the fabric at all, and only very minor marks on the handle bar where you fold it down. I got this beautiful stroller for FIFTY DOLLARS!! I was in need of a double because I sold both of mine in preparation for an overseas tour to Japan that ended up not happening. I'm sooo happy right now, it made my bad week better all of a sudden!

hellokitty
09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Woah, that's a great deal!

teresah00
09-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Wow. What a deal!!! I wish I had time and energy to do that. Saturdays are soccer days here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moll73
09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow, that is an AMAZING find!!!:bighand: Congrats! Where in VA, I'm in Alexandria (near DC). Enjoy your new stroller!

crl
09-15-2012, 05:20 PM
:bowdown: impressive!

Catherine

KDsMommy
09-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Congrats, that's awesome!!

OKKiddo
09-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Wow. What a deal!!! I wish I had time and energy to do that. Saturdays are soccer days here.

Ahh, we don't have any extracurricular activities lined up yet because 1) we only moved to this house 2 weeks ago and 2) therapy appt's (my son's have moderate and mild autism) take priority over sports so once we get our schedule of therapy figured out then we can figure out fun stuff. But yeah, I am so tired out from this new schedule and only took the half hour to drive around my neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is an AMAZING find!!!:bighand: Congrats! Where in VA, I'm in Alexandria (near DC). Enjoy your new stroller!

Lol, we WERE in Alexandria (for 3.5 weeks) but we were in a moldy house with some serious safety issues to go along with that and a a landlord/owner who was non-responsive and didn't repair the issues. Now we're in Woodbridge. We'll have to meet up sometime! :)

swrc00
09-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Great find! Enjoy Virginia! I would move back there in a heartbeat.

WatchingThemGrow
09-15-2012, 07:29 PM
That's awesome. Congrats for your $50 BJCCD. Way beats my $75 Stroller Strides Single.

wellyes
09-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I think that is the stroller deal of the year so far!

OKKiddo
09-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks. I just got lucky. I will be putting it to full use tomorrow when I have to take our Basset Hound (Snoopy McKidd) to the vet for his electrolytes testing along with all three kids.

WatchingThemGrow
09-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Thanks. I just got lucky. I will be putting it to full use tomorrow when I have to take our Basset Hound (Snoopy McKidd) to the vet for his electrolytes testing along with all three kids.
gulp. You know the Valco hitchhiker fits well on that stroller and gives a rider a quiet spot to sit underneath the stroller, right? It's an awesome set up for multiple riders.

roseyloxs
09-16-2012, 07:19 AM
That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

MamaMolly
09-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Ooooooooh total score!!!!!

OKKiddo
09-16-2012, 09:27 AM
gulp. You know the Valco hitchhiker fits well on that stroller and gives a rider a quiet spot to sit underneath the stroller, right? It's an awesome set up for multiple riders.

I did not know that! Now off to find a Valco Hitchiker, lol!! I knew there was a reason I love being connected with other stroller lovers. :)

Kaylee31
09-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I did not know that! Now off to find a Valco Hitchiker, lol!! I knew there was a reason I love being connected with other stroller lovers. :)

Someone is selling a hitchiker on strollerista/swap. Congrats on your great score!

ckelly
09-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Holy wow! Great deal!