PDA

View Full Version : my DH rocks!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
i know i often b*tch here about many things including DH so just wanted to say this in praise of DH this weekend

so last night was my very first night away from the kids...went to a MNO/girl's weekend thing with a few gals from moms group where we checked into a nice hotel and just hung out at the pool with snacks/adult beverages and chatted, went out to dinner, chatted until late night...then next morning just went out to breakfast. It was really nice break, since the kiddos have been getting a little crazy lately, and plus DH is leaving tomorrow morning and will be OOT all week next week.

well i got back late this morning and i noticed that DH had just come back from the grocery store..he had taken the kids there and stocked up and groceries. last night he had made and grilled turkey burgers for dinner and some extras for me & the kids to have during the week. and on top of doing regular diaper laundry and folding all the diapers and putting them away, he did several other loads of laundry (our laundry, bedsheets, even the kids loveys!). he also took kids carseats out of our van and cleaned up the (filthy!) mess of goldfish crumbs etc inside. I was so impressed...all this in timespan of about 20 hours. the best part was that I didn't ask him to do any of it.

:applause: So, a big hand for DH and all the dads who give their wives a break and help out around the house :applause:

crl
09-16-2012, 03:46 PM
That is AWESOME. :applause:

Catherine

StantonHyde
09-16-2012, 03:57 PM
I would have fainted with surprise!!!

toby
09-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Yay DH! I always tell my DH that things like emptying the dishwasher is the best foreplay ;)

bigsis
09-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Yaaay! I love it when women praise the good job their hubbies do! :love5:

Looks like you're going to need one of these shirts from this website:

http://www.union28.net/women

((Don't know how to post pics :bag )))

And to your DH :applause:

sunshine873
09-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Good for your DH and good for you!

The few times I've gotten away overnight I've been really impressed with DH. He manages to get some projects done around the house and get DD out for some fun too. :bighand:

Philly Mom
09-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Awesome!

KrystalS
09-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow that is awesome! My DH would never even consider doing laundry and he has no clue how to uninstall a carseat!!

niccig
09-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Yay DH! I always tell my DH that things like emptying the dishwasher is the best foreplay ;)

:yeahthat: DH has been emptying dishwasher every morning, so I don't have to do it when come home and making dinner.

MsPacman, your DH is wonderful. It makes you feel cared for when he helps out knowing that you have so much else on your plate.

georgiegirl
09-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Very impressive!

queenmama
09-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow!! What a treat! Good job, Pac Man!

hillview
09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
WOW I am in AWE

ha98ed14
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
WOW I am in AWE

Me too! Mine will help but only of directly asked and it is broken down into very discrete tasks. Wouldn't wanna think too much now, would we? Clearly yours is brilliant!

Jupiter
09-16-2012, 06:07 PM
So nice to hear something positive about DH. Mine is great! There are great DH out there!!

KDsMommy
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
WOW that is awesome!!! I hope to find a great DH like that one day!

joonbug
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm impressed! Kudos to your DH for being awesome :)

joules
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh wow. What a nice thing to do!! Very impressive!!

twowhat?
09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
That is beyond nice. I'm thankful that my DH seems to be much more helpful than some that I read about here but he would never get that much done if I were gone for 20 hours, barely paid attention the times I've tried to teach him how to install the car seats (so I do NOT trust him to do it correctly by himself) and his piss-poor mood tonight despite having a whole free afternoon with me and kids out of the house (I can hear him cursing in the shower right now) makes me not feel the DH love:)

Seriously, I don't think *I* could get that much done if my DH were gone for 20 hours! How the heck does he do it?? And he did this all with having to care for 2 little kids too...REALLY impressive.

kaharris83
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Your DH does rock!!

MamaKath
09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Yay! You have an awesome hubby!

ourbabygirl
09-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Awesome story! What a great feeling to come home to!
My DH would be getting major action if he did even 1/3 of that! :love5:

maylips
09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
What a great post! So nice to come home to that to make you feel even better about being away for a night.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-16-2012, 10:21 PM
I always tell my DH that things like emptying the dishwasher is the best foreplay ;)

:rotflmao: LOL... funny but true!!

thanks everyone. i think part of it is that the kids have been getting tough now (theyr'e going thru another phase of really fighting over everything, pushing each other, and DD has really been ramping up with the tantrums over not getting her way) so I think after having the kids all day/night by himself he realizes how hard and exhausting it really is, and thus can appreciate what I do everyday. On top of that he feels bad for having to travel so much (he will be gone all this week, then home for one week before having to be gone the week after).

and yeah, i don't think i could have gotten all those things done myself in that time frame (especially the carseat part..we have 2 Radians and i'm a total weakling :)). i think what helps is that my DH is more lax about TV watching than i am (DH let them watch 2 Thomas episodes yesterday while he was doing dinner/laundry and didn't think twice about it).

infomama
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Good man. It's the little things that make a HUGE impact, right?!!!

infomama
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM
A very wise woman told me that sex starts in the kitchen. Wise I say.

Mopey
09-16-2012, 11:08 PM
So glad for you! Amazing! :cheerleader1:

So nice to hear something positive about DH. Mine is great! There are great DH out there!!

I never b!tch about my hubby because I know I am so lucky!!! Lately to smooth my mornings he makes the bottle, sets up my coffee and then makes the bed when I get up. And he is a really fantastic dad - he takes point almost all weekends since I am usually working. I :heartbeat: him big time!

teresah00
09-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow that is wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arivecchi
09-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I would have passed out! Holy smokes!

My DH is great with the kids - helping around the house - not so much. He expects a medal every time he does the dishes! :rotflmao:

mariza
09-17-2012, 10:38 AM

We must be long lost sisters. I have actually spoken that exact sentence to my DH :) I detest emptying the dishwasher (though strangely I actually enjoy loading it - it's like doing a puzzle)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellokitty
09-17-2012, 11:17 AM
That's awesome! My dh is good, but he would never take 3 kids grocery shopping and he barely knows how to use our washing machine. The dishes is basically what he does to help out. Sometimes the floors, but only of I bug him about it.

Globetrotter
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
:bighand: to your dh!!

ETA: Mine does this sort of thing from time to time when I'm gone, and it's always a nice feeling.

roseyloxs
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
:bighand: for your DH! That is a very impressive day.

I generally believe my dh is pretty awesome at helping me out around the house but those 20 hours are really, really impressive.