PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Your Kids' Homework Box

Kindra178
09-16-2012, 05:17 PM
The one I got for ds can't seem to hold everything I need it to. Thanks.

katydid1971
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
What do you need to hold?

KDsMommy
09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of those lined baskets for the ledge where I tend to stack all of DS' homework stuff. Would that work for your needs?

ellies mom
09-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I have a pencil box for pencils, pens and the small things like scissors and glue sticks. Then I stick that into a small tote that also holds the boxes of crayons, colored pencils and markers. I have two separate totes. One for supplies and one for homework and library books. But you could keep everything in one tote depending on your needs. The supply tote hangs on a hook on the back of the coat closet door (it used to be out of DD2's reach) and the homework/library book tote hangs on a hook next to the jackets and backpacks.

new_mommy25
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I use a cutlery holder that I got at the dollar store. It has a handle with 3 compartments on one side and one long and one small on the other. In each of the smaller compartments I have #2 pencils/colored pencils, thin markers, fat markers, scissors/ruler/hole punch. In the longer compartment I have Elmer's glue, glue sticks, small stapler. The compartments are square and kind of akward so I stuck cups into each one so the supplies fit better. The cups are just the kind kids get when they go out to dinner at a place like CPK and they are a perfect fit. Crayons are kept seperately in a pencil box.

Kindra178
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I have everything in a blue plastic box with a cover. I have drawing paper, tracing paper, kids' lined paper, scissors, glue sticks and liquid glue, colored pencils, pencils, twistables and his ongoing homework sheets. With all that, I can't really close the cover. Maybe I will use a clipboard for his ongoing homework and keep it as is.

Green_Tea
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
We have a shelf in the dining room with all kinds of supplies. Does he really need all that stuff each night? My kids typically need nothing more than a pencil.

MamaKath
09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Depends on what you need to hold.

We set up something like a "traveling office" and have been using something like this (http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/Catalog/Product/27/). I like that I can keep markers, crayons, pencils, pens, index cards, scissors, tape, ruler, hole punch, etc. in the pockets around the outside. In the center I have a binder with lined paper, a few clipboards, a couple small white boards, and other odds and ends that they need (changes with projects). They can go to the kitchen, living room, dining room, family room, etc and be prepared. I did this after reading about a tabletop organizer on here (didn't have the money to buy something else new, so repurposed my tote).

I also have a small pencil box for each with more basic supplies if they just want to escape to their room to work.