PDA

View Full Version : Date night -- suggest a movie

hillview
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
DH and I have a date night this week. Any good movies out there?? We are SOOO out of it!

elbenn
09-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I heard Arbitrage is supposed to be good. It's a Hitchcockian type of thriller.

speo
09-16-2012, 08:14 PM
The Master!! I can't wait to see this. The director, Paul Thomas Anderson, is one of the best around. He did Magnolia, Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood ... This movie will definitely be nominated for Oscars.

Also, Terrence Malick has a new movie coming out. I think it is this week.

SnuggleBuggles
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Did you catch all of the summer popcorn blockbusters- The Avengers, the Bourne one, the Batman one...? That's where I'd start. When we finally can go to a movie, we want to see the impressive effects on the big screen. Other movies do fine on the small screen.

DrSally
09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I heard Arbitrage is supposed to be good. It's a Hitchcockian type of thriller.

I want to see that one just to stare at Richard Gere ;) I heard it's pretty good too. I liked Batman, even if it was heavy on the violence, it still had a good storyline/character development. Moonrise Kingdom is also suppose to be good, if you like Wes Anderson.

ourbabygirl
09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Not "The Words"! Total downer- DH & I saw it last weekend to kick off our date weekend... totally depressing movie!

Have a fun time and let us know what you end up seeing & what you think of it! :)

StantonHyde
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
If you haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom and its still out where you are--its a great film.

Batman was too long and a downer.

MMMommy
09-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Did you catch all of the summer popcorn blockbusters- The Avengers, the Bourne one, the Batman one...? That's where I'd start. When we finally can go to a movie, we want to see the impressive effects on the big screen. Other movies do fine on the small screen.

:yeahthat: Our efforts to go to the theater without kids are usually for movies with great visual effects. For romance-comedies, dramas, etc. (unless there is one that I am absolutely dying to see), we rent.

DH and I loved The Dark Knight Rises. We agree that it is the best movie we've seen in the theater in a while. Highly recommend it for the "wow" factor.

misshollygolightly
09-17-2012, 12:15 PM
We thought "The Five-Year Engagement" was cute...light, fluffy, not too stuffy. Good for date night.

EDIT: I didn't realize you meant a movie to see *in* the theater! We pretty much only watch stuff at home these days, :-)

Globetrotter
09-17-2012, 12:23 PM
We just saw The Campaign.. completely nuts (and NOT at all appropriate for kids - I couldn't believe some folks brought children) but a lot of fun for campaign season!

MamaMolly
09-17-2012, 12:48 PM
DH and I recently saw the Untouchables 2. It was a fun popcorn munching summer type movie. All the old-fart Rambo type heroes in one movie, making fun of themselves and each other, but a decent story too. Totally predictable but still lots of fun. The bits with Chuck Norris were hilarious!

hellokitty
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Five year engagement was really cute. Dh and I both liked it.

alirebco
09-17-2012, 03:22 PM
We actually both liked The Words on our date :)

Smillow
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
:heartbeat:Moonrise Kingdom is still playing here & it instantly became one of my top 10 favorite movies ever...:heartbeat:

ellies mom
09-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Another vote for Moonrise Kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk