PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Stroller for Toddler

Firedove
09-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice on a stroller for an 18mo here. I'm currently using a Graco Metrolite (I know, but DD didn't like strollers when she was younger, so we just got something cheap), and am hoping to find something better. Not sure if I'm being too demanding but my requirements are:

- lightweight -- The Metrolite a bit too heavy as it is, so something 17lb or less?
- easy to fold -- I find Maclarens quite difficult to fold as I always end up on the floor with them. The Valco Snap seemed perfect except that I never got the fold even after 15min of trying.
- single handle bar / one-hand push
- handlebar height -- I find the BJCM handlebar a bit too high as I'm 5'2, though my husband's 5'9 so I need something that works for him too.
- narrow wheel width / small turning radius -- I live in Singapore and use the stroller loads in malls. The problem is that the aisles here tend to be quite narrow. I test drove a Britax B-Agile and kept crashing into stuff.
- large wheels -- DH has a thing against tiny wheels
- compact fold -- the Metrolite takes up my entire car boot at the moment. Hoping for something that takes up less space.
- near flat recline -- something 140' or more? DD occasionally naps in the stroller but she can't fall asleep if the seat is too upright

other good to have's: child snack tray, parent cup holder, breathable fabric (Singapore is very very hot all year round!)

Does such a stroller even exist?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!