PDA

View Full Version : Coming down off a "high"

KDsMommy
09-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I feel like I'm coming down off a "high" from fighting so hard for my child's safety for the past 2 years. The horrendous legal battle took all of my emotional, financial, mental, and physical energy and now that I've won that battle (YAY!) I almost feel as if there is a sort of hole that has been left in my life. I'm left with a feeling of "what now, what am I supposed to do now?". Does this make any sense? Am I crazy for feeling this way?

maestramommy
09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
No, I don't think you're crazy:hug: It's probably very normal. If you can swing it, I would see a counselor, even for a few sessions to help you process what you've been going through the last couple of years. You probably haven't been able to think about how it was affecting you on a day to day level, and how you and your DS are now going to move forward.

elliput
09-17-2012, 10:10 AM
:hug::hug::hug: This feeling is completely natural. You had a big mountain to overcome and you did.

Now you can concentrate on some of those little things that had to be put by the wayside while the legal issues were taken care of. You know, the fun stuff. :)

KDsMommy
09-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I do go to a therapist, thank goodness. Last week he asked me "so now what do we work on" and I honestly had NO idea what to say. I'm really sad for DS right now, after having to tell him last week that his dad is in jail, it really hit me hard. He was crying afterward and it just broke my heart. I feel like I've been handed a horrible card and poor DS is the one to suffer. It's not his fault that his dad is who he is. DS deserves to have a healthy father, but all he has is me, and I feel like I'm just not enough. I keep him involved in church and Awana, we spend lots of time with my parents, but I know nothing will ever take the place of a good daddy. I guess I'm just sad, really really sad.

Globetrotter
09-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Give yourself some time! Try to enjoy your boy without those worries.

:grouphug: