PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a Halloween costume for DS

weech
09-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't know why, but I'm having trouble deciding on a Halloween costume idea for DS and I need help! We're going to a Halloween festival at the beach the weekend before Halloween, so he's got to have something. He's 2.5. I'd like to keep it at under $40 for everything.

What kinds of costumes have you done with your toddler?

MamaMolly
09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Are the adults planning to dress up? Because you can choose a theme...

KpbS
09-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Chicken ;), puppy, lion, and the ubiquitous Elmo.

weech
09-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Are the adults planning to dress up? Because you can choose a theme...

No, we're not. We're no fun :) We were considering dressing up the dogs, too, but we're not sure if we're bringing them.

arivecchi
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I really like the dragon costume from ON. DS2 wore it last year and he is wearing a larger size again this year because he likes it so much! He looks adorable in it and I like it because it is warm.

kmkaull
09-17-2012, 03:19 PM
At 16 months he was Yoda. This was hilarious because he had the little toddler/yoda waddle down.

At (almost) 2.5, he was a fireman. I got the Melissa & Doug costume, so we still have it for dress up.

This year, I think he's going to be a lion.

cookiemonster80
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
What about a Disney character? We are really into Minnie mouse right now but there are boy costumes too- and Disney store is 20% off this week.

weech
09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
I really like the dragon costume from ON. DS2 wore it last year and he is wearing a larger size again this year because he likes it so much! He looks adorable in it and I like it because it is warm.

He was a dragon last year! It was super cute.

At 16 months he was Yoda. This was hilarious because he had the little toddler/yoda waddle down.

At (almost) 2.5, he was a fireman. I got the Melissa & Doug costume, so we still have it for dress up.

This year, I think he's going to be a lion.

We're thinking about a lion... but that's also a good idea about maybe getting something that he can use for dress up later. Hmmm....

What about a Disney character? We are really into Minnie mouse right now but there are boy costumes too- and Disney store is 20% off this week.

Thanks for the idea! I think that's part of the reason I'm having trouble -- he doesn't have any idea who 99% of the licensed characters out there are!

KrisM
09-17-2012, 04:24 PM
AT 2.5, my kids all had opinions. Does he? I'd go with what he wants. DS1 was a railroad crossing sign, DD was Tinkerbell, and DS2 was the railroad crossing again.

logan's mom
09-17-2012, 04:30 PM
My 3 year old DS is being a dinosaur. Found a very cute costume at Sam's for under $14. (He's worn it almost everyday since I bought it!) He is insisting on his younger brother being a dino too but haven't found his costume yet.

Last year DS1 was a farmer, the year before a shark. The shark costume came from Old Navy and was very cute and well made.

katydid1971
09-17-2012, 04:37 PM
We have used several Old Navy costumes and I'm so impressed at how well they are made. DS was the monkey (aka Curious George) then DGF's DS used it and my DD plays in it all the time and its still in great shape. I was at ON today and there was a sign up about the costumes being on sale.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=70731