PDA

View Full Version : Best under eye concealer?

cookiemonster80
09-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I have pretty fair peaches and cream complexion- don't even wear makeup often, but I'm starting to need something for the purple areas under my eyes. They aren't really bags but just bluish areas- probably from extended night waking with DD2.

What products have you been happy with?

inmypjs
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM
This list is a good place to start. I've found her reviews to be very accurate.
http://www.beautypedia.com/BestProductsDetails.aspx?bcid=18

I've used the Mary Kay and Maybelline concealers on that list (now discontinued) and liked them both.

gatorsmom
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
I have fought blemishes all my life and have tries lots of different concealors. The one that I like the best is the concealors from Everyday Minerals. It blends in with any powder base makeup that I use and it conceals the best while looking natural.

stinkyfeet
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Cle de Peau (shiseido's upscale line) concealer is favored by many makeup artists for covering dark circles. It's opaque and blends well. I believe Oprah is a big fan too.

I like it, but I don't use it everyday since I only have slight shadowing vs dark circles.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cle-de-peau-beaute-concealer/3076452

Good luck!

AnnieW625
09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I have horrible dark circles and my favorite is MAC's Studio Concealer (it is in a tube). I have tried everything, but Cle de Peau, including YSL Touche Eclat, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier (although I do sometimes use her eye brightening powder) and nothing works quite as well for me as the under $30 Mac Studio one. If I try anything I will most likely try the Mary Kay one.

ged
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I also have the same problem and never wear makeup. Will it look horrible if you wear a concealer and have nothing over it?

mackmama
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Your complexion sounds similar to mine. I really like Bobbi Brown's concealer (a little goes a long way). I also like the YSL highlighter pen.

Green22
09-17-2012, 11:45 PM
A girl I knew who was a TV reporter swears by Boing by benefit.

crl
09-18-2012, 12:06 AM
On advice here and at Sephora I have been using the Laura Mercier concealor. I also use minerals makeup over my eyes and nose area. I think that helps too, especially to keep the cream concealor from looking shiny. But, I have really dark circles (and really pale skin) and this just minimizes them. I don't think anything is going to make them truly disappear.

Catherine

TamiRuns
09-18-2012, 06:59 AM
A girl I knew who was a TV reporter swears by Boing by benefit.

I also read lots of positive reviews about Bo-ing by benefit. So a few months ago I purchased this:

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/confessions-of-a-concealaholic

It has the Erase Paste which is pretty heavy duty. I don't think I like it as well as the Bo-ing. The kit also has a few other items that can help with concealing dark circles. I like the kit b/c i was able to try 2 products in different shades. I'm very fair and will likely buy the Bo-ing in the lightest shade once I use the small amount in this kit.

HTH!

urbanmommy
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM
I get really dark circles and I use 2 things: first I use Bobbi brown foundation stick (its an allover product that you can use under your eyes) then I use makeup forever full cover concealer. I put this on in thin layers to build the coverage but keep it from looking heavy. Sometimes I use a concealer brush to apply it. Also make sure your using a good eye cream because if the skin is dry under your eyes the concealer will look cakey.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

fauve01
09-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I have really fair skin and genetic dark circles (thanks dad). i've been using and loving Tarte Dark Circle Under Eye Corrector, which someone on this BB recommended.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=118744/Dark-Circle-Defense-Under-Eye-Corrector-]-[DISCONTINUED]/Tarte/Concealers

i just found out when i went to find a link for you that it's been discontinued--:crying::hopmad:
I thought i'd put the link in case you find it somewhere.