PDA

View Full Version : 4 yr. old boy birthday ? what to get & WWYD?

AnnieW625
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
We are going to a 4 yr. old's birthday party on Saturday AM. This is the first year he has had an at home party (his mom had previously done a party at daycare, just brought in treats for him, which is standard at our daycare) and so I saw the mom on Friday and I hear her mention that they are short saling their home so now I am thinking my normal go to 4 yr. old boy gifts which are Matchbox or similar cars, Cootie game, or puzzles might not be the smartest thing because I wouldn't want game or puzzles pieces getting lost and hate as an adult when stuff gets lost esp. when kids like the stuff.

When I RSVP'd to the party in person (a day or so prior) the mom told me no gift was necessary as well (invite doesn't say "no gifts"), so I definitely want to keep this under $10, or should I just have the girls make him a card? Now that response makes sense seeing that they could be moving soon, but I doubt the rest of the daycare knows this so I don't want to really show up empty handed.

WWYD?

KpbS
09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
I love this book http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Frog-Toad-Read-Series/dp/0760771049/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347909161&sr=8-1&keywords=the+adventures+of+frog+and+toad and would have your girls make some cards to go with it. I bought it for a gift the other day at my local B+N for $7.98 (hardcover).

Tenasparkl
09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Do you belong to Costco? Right now there's a great set of 6 superhero early reader books for kids that age for $9.99. I stocked up and have been giving them for the 4 & 5 year old Bday parties we're been going to.

Jen841
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
What about a $5 Scooby Doo DVD (Target) and some movie night fixings (i.e., popcorn, candy, etc.)? Favs here are Scooby Doo Meets Batman and Scooby Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters

CD - KidzBop is @ $10 at Sam's Club

Kite and string

Kickball

Soccer ball

Basketball

Matchbox car case (I forget how much these are)

New coloring books and crayons (we are at a stage that all we have is filled, so this hits home right now)