PDA

View Full Version : I need a toddler stroller rec

FinnyMac
09-17-2012, 09:56 PM
I never thought I'd be looking for stroller recs for my 28 month old but here I am... My DD recently started pre-k so is in school 5 days a week. I would like to start walking in the am after she leaves for school but the only strollers I have are a Maclaren triumph and a BOB duallie, neither of which will work for walking (for exercise) with just one toddler in tow. I do plan to start TTC soon so will hopefully have an infant again. I've always said I would get a vista when I had a third and that is still the plan. What can I get in the interim that is on the (very) cheap side but will be smooth on sidewalks? does it exist?

ETA- I could get the BJCMGT right now with amazon mom 20% off plus Disciver cash back for a little over $200, but will probably still want the Vista in about a year! Also, am worried about the bad reviews I've read with wheel lock up, etc.

crl
09-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Maybe just go ahead and get the Vista?

Otherwise a used bob single, Bumbleride Indie, or mountain buggy off Craigslist?

Catherine

FinnyMac
09-17-2012, 11:06 PM
I'd love to get the vista now but DH would probably leave me lol!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Maybe just go ahead and get the Vista?

:yeahthat:

why not just go ahead and get the Vista. The Vista seems like the perfect single stroller that can accomodate an older DC every now and then. I didn't use mine much this summer since I always either used the G-lite on quick trips and pool/splashpark outings or BOB Duallie when out jogging/walking in the neighborhood. Though i look forward to using Vista again this fall/winter when DS will be walking a ton more and i can use the huge basket for lugging coats, shopping bags, etc.. Also I plan on saving it in case we have a 3rd (if we ever have a 3rd, it will be in several years when no longer need a double)

eta: sorry posted before i saw your latest reply, lol!

Kaylee31
09-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Choosing from the Vista & GT, I would get the GT, that is a great price. As much as I love my Vista, it is not ideal for outdoors or toddlers IMO. But I don't think the BJ forever air tires are great either. For exercise & a toddler, I would rather have a BOB Rev. Too bad the 20% off code doesn't apply to it, although otherwise they are cheaper than the GTs now.

pastrygirl
09-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I would get the GT now, and the Vista later. ;)

My BJCM is the one stroller I've had forever. My husband says it's the last one I can get rid of. Other strollers have come and gone as needed. IMO, the GT will always have a place in your stroller lineup!

poohbear
09-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I'd love to get the vista now but DH would probably leave me lol!

FWIW - someone just listed a Maya vista on strollerista for a great price IMO....
I :heartbeat: my vista :) though I also :heartbeat: my BOB. I don't :heartbeat: my BJCM, but it's the one stroller I can never seem to get rid of... maybe I would like a BJCM GT better. I don't know...