PDA

View Full Version : questions about the Baby Jogger GT

FinnyMac
09-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm leaning towards getting this one. It will be used mainly for light morning exercise, errands, walking to the bus stop.

1. how big of a problem is the wheel lock up issue?
2. Will this work for walking in light snow?
3. I have a 4 year old who tires easily, would the glider board attachment work well on this stroller?
4. is it worth it to get the GT or should I pay $100 less and get the BJCM?

fwiw - I'll pay $230 for it, so it will be a lot less than the $350 price tag.

hihellonikki
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm leaning towards getting this one. It will be used mainly for light morning exercise, errands, walking to the bus stop.

3. I have a 4 year old who tires easily, would the glider board attachment work well on this stroller?

1. Hasn't been a problem for me. If it happens, BJ will send you a replacement. It's not like it ruins the stroller forever. Plus, I'd wager that all the strollers they're shipping out have an improved wheel.

2/3. I can't answer this. Not applicable to my family.

4. Absolutely worth it. I find the GT a big step up from the regular BJCM.

JessK87
09-23-2012, 09:03 AM
I Babysit for a family that has the GT stroller and I have used the BJCM, I think the GT is worth it. The push is much better even with a 40lb child. They did have the wheel lock up on them but a call to customer service sent out a new wheel in 3 days. I think it would be great in snow. I have not used with a riding board so I have no experience with that. good luck!

LizLemon
09-23-2012, 06:22 PM

We just got the GT and really like it. Haven't had any problems with the front wheel. Seems like it would work great in light snow. I don't have a toddler and idea of a glider board sounds strange to me so I can't help you there. :)

As for question 4, I'm not sure. You talk about spending $100 less and getting the BJCM. Would you also get $120 off the BJCM as well? Otherwise there is very little difference in price. To me, it was well worth the extra $$.

moll73
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
We are absolutely loving our GT Double! We also have a CM and a CE, so we are big BJ fans, lol! IMO, it's absolutely worth the extra $$. I have a 30lb. 21mo. and a 36lb. 3yo who are regular riders. I'm not going to lie, it is still heavy with both of them riding (especially around our hilly neighborhood), but that's a lot of weight. I am also preggo, so I always feel a bit weaker.;) We have the Free Rider on one side that my 6yo likes to ride on and it works great. The GT was amazing on the grassy soccer fields and surrounding sandy area and today I had it on a farm, so lots of grass, hay, and rocks. I even was able to push it up a big grassy hill! We have not had wheel problems yet. I say go for it!

sophie80
09-24-2012, 05:34 PM
We have the Free Rider on one side that my 6yo likes to ride on and it works great. The GT was amazing on the grassy soccer fields and surrounding sandy area and today I had it on a farm, so lots of grass, hay, and rocks. I even was able to push it up a big grassy hill! We have not had wheel problems yet. I say go for it!

Hey, would you mind posting a pic of the freerider on the side? My DS is 4.5 and would LOVE to right on a glider board, but he's too tall to ride under the handle.

moll73
09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Hey, would you mind posting a pic of the freerider on the side? My DS is 4.5 and would LOVE to right on a glider board, but he's too tall to ride under the handle.

Sure, I posted some pics. before of all three of my kids on it, let me see if I can find the post and I'll bump it. If not I'll repost.