PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Thredup q?

wellyes
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
So I got my bag. It says to fill the bag with clothes to "fill out the envelope" and put it in the bag too. Does that mean the envelope that the bag sent in? Just stick it in the bag? Or am i missing something?

1mom2dylan
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes, just put the envelope in the bag before you close it. The envelope has a barcode that they scan to link the bag to you.

Also I'm always worried that the bag will tear open since I fill it so much so I always seal it with extra duct tape.

1mom2dylan
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
It says fill out the envelope because you used to have to fill in your email address and signature on that envelope. The last envelope I got didn't have that anymore, so I can understand how that would be confusing.

twowhat?
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Your most made me google ThredUp. Interesting. I have lots of HA and MB in great quality from sizes 2T and up that I don't want to just give away - I want to sell to someone who appreciates the brand/quality. I was considering either CL or listing on the BBB swap but this seems like so much less work...I'm just worried whoever checks my bag wouldn't think they're worth as much as I think...

TwinFoxes
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm just worried whoever checks my bag wouldn't think they're worth as much as I think...

Whenever I consign I don't think I get what it's worth. :) It does look like they know that Hanna and Boden are worth more than say ON. Somewhere on their site I found a calculator that told me how much I could expect for items by brand/type.

wellyes
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Your most made me google ThredUp. Interesting. I have lots of HA and MB in great quality from sizes 2T and up that I don't want to just give away - I want to sell to someone who appreciates the brand/quality. I was considering either CL or listing on the BBB swap but this seems like so much less work...I'm just worried whoever checks my bag wouldn't think they're worth as much as I think...
I'm prepping for a consignment sale right now, but for that I'm planning to mostly sell toys & equipment. It's really tedious to sell garments IMO. Each piece is entered into a database (description and price), then I have to print tags, hang each item on a hanger, tag them all. It is a PITA if you have 20+ items.
I know I could take the bags to a shop, but most of them are more limited in what they'll take (only seasonal stuff). So, this looks easy and worth trying.

It says fill out the envelope because you used to have to fill in your email address and signature on that envelope. The last envelope I got didn't have that anymore, so I can understand how that would be confusing.

Ah, makes sense.
Thanks all!

marymoo86
09-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Judging from the prices listed - you would be crazy to send in Hanna and Boden. It might be a pain but I would definitely take pics and list on swap or craigslist.

I'm interested in 2-3s :D

twowhat?
09-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Judging from the prices listed - you would be crazy to send in Hanna and Boden. It might be a pain but I would definitely take pics and list on swap or craigslist.

I'm interested in 2-3s :D

LOL - one day...ONE DAY! I WILL have time to list on swap. But PM me if you are in a hurry:) Thanks for pointing out the prices listed...it looks like you could send in a huge lot of HA or MB and only get $50 for it.

KrystalS
09-18-2012, 03:06 PM

I've had very good luck selling MB on ebay. Some people pay almost as much as it cost new! Yes its time consuming to take the pictures and list items but its well worth it when you get back almost what you paid!