PDA

View Full Version : so are there any hfcs-free fancy drinks at Starbucks?

Reader
09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Not trying to start a debate about hfcs, I just avoid it for a variety of reasons...I recently learned that my once a week mochas have high fructose corn syrup. I didn't realize that when Starbucks said they took out hfcs, they only took it out of their food. I'm having trouble figuring out if all their syrups have hfcs...could I have a caramel macchiato, a vanilla latte w/o hfcs or am I stuck with just plain coffee or tea?

kijip
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Most of their tea and iced coffee drinks are flavored with simple syrup. Not good for you (dissolved cane sugar) but not HFCS.

daisymommy
09-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I didn't realize that when Starbucks said they took out hfcs, they only took it out of their food.

Lovely. I didn't know that either! :irked:

Reader
09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Most of their tea and iced coffee drinks are flavored with simple syrup. Not good for you (dissolved cane sugar) but not HFCS.

Yeah, once a week mocha was probably too much anyway. I do like their unsweetened iced tea.

kijip
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, once a week mocha was probably too much anyway. I do like their unsweetened iced tea.

If you order the unsweetened iced tea lemonade, they leave out the simple syrup and you just get the modest amount of sugar from the lemonade mix. Total calories quite low even for a very large size.

Personally, I believe in weekly treats! :)

essnce629
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I get unflavored iced lattes all the time and just sweeten them with xylitol and vanilla flavored stevia drops that I keep in my purse.

MommyAllison
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Is the chocolate syrup the HFCS ingredient in the mocha? I know Hershey's chocolate syrup had (has?) HFCS, but I don't know what brand of syrup Starbucks uses.