PDA

View Full Version : Rave review for Larkrise to Candleford series!

anamika
09-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Thank you to whoever recommended this. I caught an episode on PBS and got totally sucked in. I just finished watching the entire first season (home with a cold) and I am so impressed.

I was looking for something to tide me over till Downton starts again and this fits the bill. I did not like The Forsythe Saga at all (JMO) - I thought the characters were all self-centered and selfish so I ended up not caring about any of them.

I love all the characters in Larkrise - I can totally relate to them. And the acting and direction is just fabulous. So much is said without any words spoken. So many scenes have moved me to tears (good tears for touching moments, not "this is so depressing" tears!!). It doesn't have that visual thread count of Downton but it has a charm all it's own.

Just wanted to throw this out there for any one who is interested in some good British TV.

Oh but the bad news is it is not on streaming Netflix (maybe on Prime?) - you have to get the DVDs. Try your library.

elbenn
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I have recommended this series here before. I think it is a wonderfully done show. It is available on Amazon Prime.

liz
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I saw part of an episode on PBS a while ago and meant to get it from the library.