PDA

View Full Version : I test drove a City Versa today

mare_imbrium
09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
I was able to see a Versa today. It seems nice. I like the fold and it is nice and flat. It feels bigger than my Quad but it isn't really, maybe a little wider and a little heavier. The basket is really big and the hood is nice. But I wondered if anyone else who has tried it thought the recline seemed clunky? It has the three click settings but the floor model the store had seemed to stick a lot when I was trying to pull up on the adjust. I almost felt like I had to wrestle with the thing to recline it. Pretty irritating actually. And it doesn't recline very flat, does it. And I thought I heard that you're going to be able to buy air tires for it? Is that true?

I was out looking at strollers because apparently I'm obsessed but also because my husband doesn't like the fold in the Quad and at not even 12 weeks my son hates the bassinet so he doesn't face me anymore. But with my luck he'd hate facing me and rather face out, hah.

PZMommy
09-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I found that the recline and the folding and unfolding got easier in time. I almost returned mine because it was so hard to fold. Once I used it a few time, it opens and closes much easier.

mare_imbrium
09-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Do you mean reclining the seat or folding the stroller? The folding seemed okay, it was the recline of the seat that stuck on this floor model. Though I guess it was a little awkward to find where to pinch on the sides (the first step to folding it).

PZMommy
09-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Both actually. The floor model folded easily, but then mine didn't. It took a few times to get it to loosen up. Same with the recline. It has taken a few times of using it to get the recline smooth. Overall though, I really like the stroller.