PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I have something stuck in my throat

edurnemk
09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
You know, like when you swallow a pill and it kinda gets stuck there? I first noticed it at 3 am when I got up to nurse DD. It's driving me insane. I even googled it at 4 am, and a bunch of possibilities from GERD, to something actually stuck, to tumors came up.

Any ideas on what it ould be and how to make it better?

PunkyBoo
09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Have you noticed a fever? When I was in college, I thought I had a piece of tortilla chip stuck in the back of my throat and it wouldn't go away. I hadn't noticed a fever at all. I went to the doctor and had herpangina, which sounds really disgusting but is a form of coxsackie virus (like HFM). I'd call your Dr. For sure as those viruses are highly contagious. Good luck.

Blue Hydrangea
09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Tonsilith? Gross, but sometimes a tiny particle of food can get trapped in your tonsils, and plaque builds up around it until it's large enough to feel it. I've had them before, and had some luck gettin them out with clearing my throat and/or gargling while trying to focus on the area that I feel it in.

edurnemk
09-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Punkyboo, I don't think I have a fever but I will call my Dr. I've been a bit congested and I was really sick 2 weeks ago.

Blue Hydrangea, I had my tonsils removed at 4 yo, so that can't be it. Could food get stuck elsewhere in the throat?

Ugh it is so annoying!

Clarity
09-19-2012, 11:36 PM
I had what may be a similar problem this summer and I was worried about it as well. I just felt like I had a lump in my throat each time I swallowed and it lasted the entire day. IIRC, I took a cold/sinus tablet and then sipped some apple cider vinegar. (I know that sounds gross but I discovered that ACV really works great when I'm having trouble with swollen lymph nodes in my throat so I use it now whenever I feel like I might be clogged up with sinus issues - it works, I tell ya.)
Either way, I felt better within 24 hours after taking something.

twowhat?
09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
You know, like when you swallow a pill and it kinda gets stuck there? I first noticed it at 3 am when I got up to nurse DD. It's driving me insane. I even googled it at 4 am, and a bunch of possibilities from GERD, to something actually stuck, to tumors came up.

Any ideas on what it ould be and how to make it better?

DH gets this sensation when he gets super stressed. His doctor told him that's what causes the "lump in the throat" sensation. It always goes away once he has a period of low stress. Definitely check in with your doc!

SnuggleBuggles
09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
When my thyroid levels are off (I'm hypothyroid), it can feel like that.

edurnemk
09-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Well I don't feel it anymore, thankfully. I have no idea what it could've been but I will mention it to my Dr. At my check up. I have been stressed these last few days. Mt thyroid levels were all normal last time I was tested.

Thanks everyone. Clarity, thanks for the ACV tip, good to know.