PDA

View Full Version : Question about a specific Maclaren Quest Sport color

323dweller
09-19-2012, 11:47 PM
This is kind of a longshot, but I'm about to buy a Maclaren Quest Sport and am hoping someone here has seen/can describe the Charcoal Gray/Mocha Bisque color? Honestly I'm not drawn to it in the one photo I've been able to see online, but I live in a sunny climate, so it seems a more practical choice than the black or brown options.

I actually don't mind gray, but it's the orange-ish color I'm unsure about. It looks kind of dingy and the name "mocha bisque" isn't terribly helpful! And no stores near me seem to have this color. Has anyone seen it in real life? What did you think?

Thanks so much for reading.

Karinyc
09-20-2012, 01:11 AM
If it's the one I saw at Buy Buy Baby, then the orange color is more akin to a "rust". It is not bright nor "sunny". I liked it but it's more of a neutral/unisex tone. HTH!

323dweller
09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
If it's the one I saw at Buy Buy Baby, then the orange color is more akin to a "rust". It is not bright nor "sunny". I liked it but it's more of a neutral/unisex tone. HTH!

That's very helpful, Karinyc. Unisex is just fine. So in your opinion it didn't look kind of dirty or old? Did it have a more rugged look than the other colors?

I like the navy/red one and basic black, but I think the gray may be best for sunny LA. But I don't want to hate it.

Karinyc
09-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Hmm...I personally liked it & thought the color was different & sophisticated. I recall it having a bit of a sheen to it. Rust is the best way to describe the color. I get the impression that you want something that's sunnier & pops. This wouldn't be it then. It's definitely more muted. The navy/ red seems brighter. Either way, they're both nice strollers.

323dweller
09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Actually, you sold me on it! I like subtle...I'm a neutrals kind of girl, but was concerned that the gray Mac looked like it was permanently dusty or something. It sounds like that is not the case at all, so I went ahead and ordered.

I love navy in general, but I was hesitant about the red. I'm sure it's super pretty but I'm actually more comfortable with the more understated color combo, and feel good about having a lighter color canopy in our heat.

Can't wait til it arrives! Thanks so much!

Karinyc
09-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Hope you end up liking it :)