PDA

View Full Version : Buy stock/invest or take a trip?

infomama
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
This would be a birthday gift from a very generous relative to me. Which would you choose? If you invested/bought stock...what company would you choose?
Eta..we do travel annually. This however would be sans dds and more 'grand' so to speak.

Twoboos
09-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I voted other - I would probably try to split it and do both. (And off the top of my head I have no idea of what I'd invest in, sorry!)

ETA: Maybe not split 50/50, but at least put something away so I wouldn't feel guilty over the (well deserved, perfectly reasonable) trip. ;)

logan's mom
09-20-2012, 08:16 AM
I would take a trip.....but I haven't been anywhere since our honeymoon six years ago. Oh, and def a trip without the kids but they are only 1 and 3....

wellyes
09-20-2012, 08:32 AM
I'd put it in college or retirement savings, but save enough for a weekend B&B getaway.

sariana
09-20-2012, 09:43 AM
I voted for "invest" because you asked what would I do. But that is not necessarily what I think YOU should do!

smiles33
09-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I voted trip. This was a birthday gift and your relative wanted to give it to you to enjoy. I'm sure everyone could always use more in their savings or DC's college funds, but life is short. This is an unexpected boon and you should savor the adult-only escape!