PDA

View Full Version : 11 deadly car seat mistakes blog

okinawama
09-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I found this on my friends pinterest board and thought it was good information. It's a mom who wrote a blog about 11 deadly carseat mistakes that many don't realize they are making. I've been around here for 3 years, and have learned a ton about carseat safety, but there was two points she hit on that I didn't realize were safety issues! I also liked she included the reasons why they are a safety issue. I had no idea why some of them were such big safety issues, but after a couple of her explanations I'm going to be even more diligent about ensuring my childs car seat safety!
Here's the link
http://treadingragingwaters.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-deadly-mistakes-you-didnt-know-you.html

TwoBees
09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks for posting. I'm proud to say that I knew them all! :cheerleader1: (Thanks BBB for teaching me the proper ways to install and use carseats.)

Liziz
09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
I swear, I read that exact same article (down to the linked videos) on Yahoo a few months ago (got the link from here). I even bookmarked it, but the yahoo link is broken now. Huh.

Regardless....it does indeed have some good points and great examples! I learned a couple things when I read it a few months back, and loved that it gave me good visuals to explain to others who aren't as "into" car seat safety.

ETA: after I posted this I just got worried that OP will think I'm criticizing for posting b/c I think I read something similar, so I just want to clarify I'm not doing that at all, OP! More that I'm wondering if yahoo picked up the blog post or something (since it seems that was done earlier).

maestramommy
09-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for posting. I'm proud to say that I knew them all! :cheerleader1: (Thanks BBB for teaching me the proper ways to install and use carseats.)

:yeahthat::jammin: