PDA

View Full Version : If you did the $70 off baby stuff promotion with Amazon Prime sign up

mommylamb
09-20-2012, 12:09 PM
What are you buying?

DH has been getting free Prime through Amazon Mom, but his Prime is up as of the beginning of October, so when I saw the $70 off $100 of select items in the baby store if you sign up for Prime (which makes your Prime membership a net cost of $9), I jumped on it. I knew it said select items, but I thought it would be items that were sold directly by Amazon and Prime eligible, so I though (silly me) that I'd be able to get diapers, and some less expensive stuff like playtex drop ins inserts, which I need.

Well, those aren't included in the select merchandise for the promotion, so now I have to figure out what to get. And honestly, I don't need much. I've been putting some "good to have" stuff in my cart, but part of me is like, why am I bringing more junk into my house??? DS2 is (obviously) my second son, and we just have a lot of the nursery, feeding, safety, etc stuff already.

So, what are you getting? Or what would you get?

I was also thinking about getting either a Skip Hop diaper bag or a Mei Tai and selling it on craig's list (or if I like the Mei Tai more than my ergo, keeping it for myself and selling my ergo).

ETA: Here is the link for stuff that's eligible: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1?rh=n%3A165796011%2Cn%3A!2334086011%2 Cn%3A!2334148011%2Cn%3A5291821011&bbn=5291821011&ie=UTF8&qid=1348157245

meggie t
09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I signed up for this yesterday. Did you get your coupon yet for the $70 off? The link you give is for the 20% off Amazon Mom coupon that expires on Sept. 30. I am hoping that different stuff applies for the $70 off Prime promotion. I know they said that we will get the code by 9/23, so I am waiting to get that to see if I will keep it. I need a crib and not one that is in the 20% off link!

mommylamb
09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
That was the link that I got in my email from Amazon with the $70 off code.

meggie t
09-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, crud. I didn't get my email yet. And now I don't want it!!! Ugh. Not sure if I should just get my Prime $ back or just suck it up and find something I *might* need.

Thanks for sharing though!

mommylamb
09-20-2012, 01:00 PM
For me, we were probably going to get Prime anyway. But there's nothing in their selection that I'm in desperate need of, that's for sure.

echoesofspring
09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I was just checking this out....it does seem to be pretty similar to stuff that's available on the 20% coupon....I put a bunch of stuff in my cart, but I'm not making the plunge yet, since someone had the excellent point that you can cancel before you make your first prime order. We don't need much either since DS is still so young, we hadn't given away anything yet, just in case....but I think I'm going to get 1 or 2 sleep sacks for soon to be DD or 1 more for DS, it took us a while to figure out which ones we liked, and they (Gunamuna and Baby DeeDee) are included in the promo, but I need to figure out what size - can't remember when we started using sleep sacks vs. swaddling, except it will be much colder when DD comes than when DS was born. And I might get a booster seat for DS. And then I put a couple little toys in for DS, but honestly, if I decide against the bigger purchases I'm not going to buy the toys, kwim?

I did see a lot of stuff we already have and like, but don't need more of...

I was also thinking about a bigger diaper bag, since i have burst a seam on my versa and I'm wondering how I'm going to be carrying stuff for 2, but I haven't done enough *research* to know what I want....

I was kind of hoping to apply it to a learning tower or a mattress, but no go, I guess...

Pyrodjm
09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I REALLY hope I get this email. I would get something for a friend due soon and an extra backless booster to keep in my car for emergencies since all of my friends have kids between 3-6.

MSWR0319
09-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I think I'm going to do it and get an extra camera for our monitor since DS will be moving into his room soon. I'd like to get DS and Aden and Anais blanket but don't see them on the list. I had no plans to buy prime but since we were planning on getting the camera, I might as well do this deal. Then I can have prime at Christmas...yikes! :D

ETA: the camera isn't on this list, so I guess we're probably not going to do it. It was on the 20% off list, so I thought it would be on here. Bummer.

mikala
09-20-2012, 02:45 PM
We're in a similar situation. The list of available items seems really odd in general, almost like they did a search for the bottom 1/3 selling items with x profit margin.

Here are a couple of the things I'm considering from the list:
Cloth diaper covers
Swim diapers (http://www.amazon.com/Bummis-Swimmi-Cloth-Diapers-Medium/dp/B002R80AOO/ref=sr_1_61?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348165903&sr=1-61)
Fisher Price Healthy Care high chair
Skip Hop backpack for DS2

And this made me giggle. http://www.amazon.com/MoBoleez-Milky-Breastfeeding-Blue-Months/dp/B004N3C2S8/ref=sr_1_149?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348166422&sr=1-149

Re: carriers, I think your Ergo will probably win out over the Mai Tai for older kids. I really like my Mai Tai for its small size and use with a newborn but the Ergo is definitely more comfy and easier to get on and off.

mikala
09-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I REALLY hope I get this email. I would get something for a friend due soon and an extra backless booster to keep in my car for emergencies since all of my friends have kids between 3-6.

Good luck with that..the carseat selection for this promo stinks.

mommylamb
09-20-2012, 02:47 PM

In order to get it, you had to sign up for Prime for the year ($79).

And this made me giggle. http://www.amazon.com/MoBoleez-Milky-Breastfeeding-Blue-Months/dp/B004N3C2S8/ref=sr_1_149?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348166422&sr=1-149

I thought that was so funny too! Talk about bizarre baby products.

Pyrodjm
09-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Good luck with that..the carseat selection for this promo stinks.

Just saw that. The overall selection stinks.

kaharris83
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Mommylamb how long after signing up did you receive your coupon? I signed up yesterday morning but haven't gotten my coupon yet. I guessed it would be the things included in the 20% off coupon event, but I'm bummed it isn't even all of those things. That event had nearly 5000 choices, this one less than 3000. I'm sure I can find something but it probably won't be something we need. I guess it's free since we would probably be signing up for Prime anyway. After having Amazon Mom with free Prime for so long now I don't know that we could go back to not having it.

Snow mom
09-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Do you have to get an e-mail saying you'll get $70 back if you purchase prime in order to take advantage of this? I was thinking of buying prime for my parents (I already have prime) and using the $70 toward baby gear I need. I'd purchase that from their account too.

mikala
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Just looked at the list a little further and found it most helpful to just search by best reviews because so many of the products are just plain obscure. They have a lot of accessories to items that aren't included in the promo and boutique brands I've never heard of.

I'm also considering the Angel Dear blankets for gifts,
the JuJuBe Quick http://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-Quick-Pouch-Midnight-Eclipse/dp/B001IM6Q70/ref=sr_1_14?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348167288&sr=1-14
or the Bumkins bibs. http://www.amazon.com/Bumkins-Waterproof-Super-Bib-Guppies/dp/B003X26SK8/ref=sr_1_34?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348167320&sr=1-34

connor_mommy
09-20-2012, 10:42 PM
I tried using mine for a Baby Jogger stroller and it wouldn't let me. Is there a place to see what is excluded? The stroller was being sold by Amazon.

meggie t
09-22-2012, 07:06 PM
@connor mommy, the OP put the link in her post. It should also be in the email Amazon sent you with the $70 off. I was looking through the items and the BJ City Mini was on there. Not sure if that is the one you were looking for.

I found what I need! I am going to get the Colgate Eco Classica crib mattress. We are getting a new crib for this baby (going from a mini-crib to a full size) so we will need a mattress. The Eco Classica is expensive but with $70 off, it is very reasonable.