PDA

View Full Version : Allergy help

zra14
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
We're in the process of trying to adopt. I am allergic to aloe, and I'm having a really hard time finding disposable diapers and wipes that do not have added aloe. It's made even more difficult because the labels can be misleading. I know from my research that ALL Pampers brand diapers have added aloe, but it's not on the packaging for all of them.

We plan to use daycare, and none of the daycares in our area cloth diaper, so that's not an option for us. I'm starting to panic, and I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

BabbyO
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Wow, tough one. I couldn't tell if our dipes have aloe, but I know our wipes (Simply right - Sam's club brand) do. I'm guessing since the wipes do, the diapers likely would. However, I highly recommend you contacting Sam's. They put me in touch with the Simply right manufacturer (don't have the contact info anymore or I'd share it). The CS people were AWESOME and answered my questions promptly and professionally. They even asked me for feed back as they re-branded (from Members Mark to Simply Right).

I'm assuming your fear is that diapering will cause you problems. Can you just plan to wear gloves?? That could be a total pain, but I guess it might be an option. Or are you concerned beyond that...like touching baby after using sposies could trigger a reaction in you?

What about CDing and using wash cloths at home but using disposables/wipes at Daycare?

The other option I think I'd suggest is the Honest Company. They may have some options for you. I'd look now, but we're having random connectivity issues today.

Tondi G
10-01-2012, 01:30 AM
You should be ok with 7th Generation diapers but not their wipes.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Diapers

For wipes look at

babyganics ultra sensitive wipes

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gyceryl Stearate, Vegetaruian Glycerin, Ceteareth-12, Cetyl Pamitate, Potassium sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Derived from: Coconut and/or Palm Oil, Palm Oil, Soy or Palm Oil

Or Johnson's Baby wipes

You could try a free trial of Honest Co. diapers

https://www.honest.com/free-trial/?sid=10001&cid=google&mid=search&aid=Diapers_Samp:Diapers_Bundle_-_Free_KWs:free_baby_wipes:Broad&gclid=CNf6roeI37ICFWGnPAod-VcAOQ

their wipes ingredients list

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Citric acid (fruit-based stability agent), Silver Dihydrogen Citrate (all natural, water-soluble preservative), Decyl Gulcoside (sugar-based cleanser), Sodium Citrate (corn-based antioxidant), Punica Granatum (pomegranate fruit) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (licorice root) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (chamomile) Extract, Cucumis sativus (cucumber fruit) Extract, and Peucedanum Ostruthium (masterwort leaf) Extract

their diaper ingredient list

Ingredients:
Chlorine-free fluff (paper from CERTIFIED sustainably managed forests – no optical brighteners), BIO-core (wheat/corn starch blended with SAP), plant-based PLA (in outer layer, inner layer, & moisture barrier layer), Non-Toxic adhesives (in seams & joints), polymer spandex and polyurethane (in fastening system & leg/waist elastic) & ink (no heavy metals).

tmahanes
10-01-2012, 07:10 AM
These are the diapers that we used and really liked.

http://www.naty.com/en/baby-care/diapers/diapers-size-1/

Sent from my DROID RAZR

zra14
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks, everyone. That's three more options than I had before. I had thought about gloves, but I'm really very sensitive to aloe, so I am afraid that I would react to diapers that had aloe in them not just during changing, but also when touching my baby's skin. These looks like good places to start.

swrc00
10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
I had a friend whose husband had a lot of contact allergy issues and they cloth diapered for that reason. The peditrician wrote a "prescription" for cloth diapers and the daycare allowed their DS to use cloth diapers because of this. Just a thought. I know it is an unusual one.