PDA

View Full Version : S/O scooters, Razor or Maxi Kick?

ourbabygirl
09-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I want to get one for DD's bday, but want to make the best use of money. She'll be 4 in a month and is *very* tall for her age.
Just not sure if it's worth the $115 or whatever for one, when she might be just as happy with a Razor.

What do you think?

bekahjean
09-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Will, who turns 4 this week, got his Maxi Kick for his birthday. He picked up the steering within two times of using it. It's well made, stable, and he is FAST on that thing. I love that he will be able to use it for years to come. I got Andy the mini kick (he just turned two) and I wish I had gotten him the maxi kick instead. The weight difference is minimal, the foot rest is SO much bigger, and the adjustable handlebar is awesome. I don't see us regretting spending the $$ on the maxi, as it can be used up to (I think) 120lbs. Good luck with your decision. :)

Katigre
09-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I would get the basic Razr. My DD got one when she turned 3 and she flies on that thing now at 3.5. The price difference between the two is so great I don't see a reason to justify it. And I love how small the razrs fold up - we bring them with us everywhere.

I honestly don't understand the reason for the 3 wheels either - DD likes being able to weave and such on her razr much like you'd do on a two wheel bike.

cuca_
09-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I would go with the Maxi. We got one for DS when he turned 3 and almost two years later he still loves it. I think he will use it for years to come. DD1 has a razor and they use DS's Maxi much more often. Like PP we got DD3 a mini and wish we had gotten her a Maxi.

KrisM
09-20-2012, 10:32 PM
We have Razors and they really seem just fine. My 8 year old still rides his often. DS2 got one for his 4th birthday and loves it. Personally, I can't imagine owning $345 worth of scooters!

new_mommy25
09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
I voted razor because I think the other scooters are really expensive. I would rather spend the difference on a quality bike. My kids fly around on the Razors and they've never had any issues. DD has a radio flyer scooter that looks just like a razor but it comes with stickers and clips to accessorize the scooter with.

roseyloxs
09-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Maxi! I bought a razor for DH to use with DS, so they could ride together. The steering on the maxi is easier, more stable, and yet can weave just as easily as the razor. The maxi is lighter and doesn't whip around like the heavy razor does. When I carry the maxi is doesn't smack me in the shins unexpectedly, the razor does (this is the number 1 reason I curse the razor's name)! Finally the maxi is just plain lighter and easier for DS to carry and maneuver then a razor. As for folding; the maxi doesn't fold but can be broken down in two pieces by removing the bar handle.

To be fair you should know that I also bought the maxi for my first of what we plan to be four children. So I plan to get my money's worth by the time the 4th is done with it. I got the razor from Amazon for $16 (I think it was a pricing error) so I have already gotten my money's worth of that one. So if money is a concern then the razor will be fine. If you want the best then get a maxi-kick. (oh, grandma also bought our maxi-kick, so it was free to us :D)