PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for bday gift involving cello or guitar

american_mama
09-20-2012, 11:18 PM
I am looking for a birthday gift for a 10 year old girl who just started cello and already plays guitar. My daughter also just started cello, so that would be my preference to emphasize. Online suggestions are great to get the creative juices flowing, but I don't have time to order, so IRL suggestions are even better.

I was kind of hoping for some sort of kitschy thing decoration thing involving a girl and a cello, something kind of that celebrates her identity as a newly minted celloist or an existing casual guitar player. She likes pop music.

larig
09-20-2012, 11:28 PM
guitar strap? (I play bass and there are some really cute ones out there). If she plays electric guitar a cool cord? electric guitar tuner? picks?

jjordan
09-21-2012, 08:53 AM
If you have a music store nearby (a stringed instruments store would be ideal), they probably have all sorts of cello and guitar-related gift items.

You could also try an etsy search for cello to get some ideas.

mctlaw
09-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Cool! I too played the cello from elem. through HS and it sits in our guest closet currently. :tongue5:

How about a custom decorative shoulder strap for either case? I bet there are some out there on Etsy, etc.

american_mama
09-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Thakns all. I did as a previous psoter suggested and found out a local music store had gifty things. I got a necklace. I was so focused on the cello that for 24 hours, I saw the necklace and thought cello. As I was wrapping it, I saw the tag or looked closer at the charm, and it's actually a violin. :-( But I gave it anyway, as it was too late to do anything.

Don't know what the birthday girl thought but DD1 (who also just started playing cello) loved it. Guess I know what she'll get in her Christmas stocking..